• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

This should be watched by all genders.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
This video makes me tear up a little. Yes, I'm a sap. But when I was little, my only female model for this kind of energy was Red Sonja - I watched it over and over. Only recently realized my model was a girl who only became a warrior because her family was rapes and killed.

In high school, one of my TKD instructors was a pan American champion. She was amazing.

In my life, I just didn't see that much out there affirming the woman I wanted to be - tough, strong, not opposed to getting beat up in pursuit of her goals. And my mom wanted me to be ... not that.

So. Yeah. *sniff*

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I do love this video. And the song. It's funny, I was just singing that song to my daughter a few days prior to the video being released.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Cake is pretty awesome, also.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Love the video and love the song. Killing it!!
Thanks @Josh Matta :wave:

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Much love for Cake. Was just discussing this band with one of my bassists last night.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Much love for Cake. Was just discussing this band with one of my bassists last night.

I described this video to my husband while we were driving yesterday. He had no recognition of the lyrics whatsoever. No recognition of the band. He said he only notices the actual music, not the lyrics. This baffles me and also explains our massive disconnect in sharing our favorite music.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I described this video to my husband while we were driving yesterday. He had no recognition of the lyrics whatsoever. No recognition of the band. He said he only notices the actual music, not the lyrics. This baffles me and also explains our massive disconnect in sharing our favorite music.

Before this thread, I had never heard of the band "cake" either... In fact, my only possible meaning of "cake song" prior to reading this thread was this:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Before this thread, I had never heard of the band "cake" either... In fact, my only possible meaning of "cake song" prior to reading this thread was this:

I like!

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Cake is a Sacramento band who were very popular when I was in college in...Sacramento. They used to play free concerts in one of the parks downtown. Lucky me.

Sponsor