The "Once in a Decade" Ski

Discussion in 'Hardgoods: Skis, Bindings, Poles, and More' started by Philpug, Jan 11, 2017.

1. ADKmel

ADKmel Instructor & Ski Bum Skier

I can't wait! and Oh how I wish I was near you, I'd love to go skiing. was just lamenting (whining) to my DH how much I miss skiing... may have to go to killington
    I wish I wasn't so busy at work or I'd hop a flight out west to ski more.. make turns for me please :)

2. Jed Peters

Jed Peters World's Most "Okayest" Skier Skier

"Release the tails"? Not so much. At least not making GS/SG race turns on icy conditions with a .7 base tune.

Needless to say, I would suggest a 1* base grind.

As for sizing, the 180 will take you faster than I'm able to go or comfortable with, along with the HDT. The stuff really works.

3. Jersey Skier

Jersey Skier aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary Skier

How do the Z90's compare to the MX89's? I might have missed the comparison if it's buried in this thread. I've skied the Z90's and plenty of Kastles, just not the MX89's.

4. skibob

skibob Out on the slopes Skier

Wow, I got them yesterday! I am going to try to get them to Bluezone for mounting this afternoon and try to ski them tomorrow. Usually I wouldn't consider brand new skis this late in the season, but, yeah, coverage is . . . good.

Here is a picture of the tails for @Jay Townsend :

[​IMG]
    My thumb is on the point where they touch the table.

TahoeCharlie and ADKmel like this.
  5. Started at 53

Started at 53 Booting up Skier

@skibob

Photo is not showing up, but it could be me as I'm in China and the internet is a bit weird here

Thanks for posting it though! Hope you enjoy the skis