• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Argh...vise." In this context the word is vise...ski vise. We all of us here already have a ski vice, which is different from the things that hold skis.

Excuse the OCD, please.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Argh...vise." In this context the word is vise...ski vise. We all of us here already have a ski vice, which is different from the things that hold skis.

Excuse the OCD, please.

Oops. Long day. OCD welcome. I bite my tongue when is seemthings like skiies or skies instead of skis so I totally get it! :beercheer:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
2017/18 Bizzard Black Pearl 88s--tested them for Pugski, loved them, used some connections to get them!
Still love them--Blizzard has taken a great ski and made it greater!! Mounted with Salmon Z12 ti bindings. Now, to get hooked up with some 2017/18 Blizzard Sheeva 10s!
17092094_10212502063452938_2092984318_n.jpg

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
-

- I wish I'd thought of it before I spent the money on vices I pretty much don't use except as support! ... I just thought of it earlier today. My blocks are cork, so they'd be nice and grippy. The opposite of the ammo cans we used to use, with unstable handles wobbling on top and all slippery metal. I'm not sure I'd want to use them for yoga anymore after getting wax and metal dust all over them ...
That's too funny!

I use two oak 4"x4"'s from my scrap wood pile. Does the job quite well for waxing, not so great for filing.

There is a Harbor Freight store by the not so local mega pet shop I go to. Holiday sale weekends coincide and I've been tempted to try the vise I suggested in post #238, as well as a thermal gun to accurately set the waxing iron's temperature. Only the inevitable happens and it goes something like this - oh, that little juvenile captive bred "designer" clownfish would be so happy with the one I already have living in a large natural host to the species sea anemone ... or, that Tridacna clam's mantle is psychedelic ... and the money burns a hole in my pocket ... vice, thermal gun, what was it I needed them for?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
That's too funny!

I use two oak 4"x4"'s from my scrap wood pile. Does the job quite well for waxing, not so great for filing.

Have you considered notching them for side-on work? You can wedge the ski into the slots with shims.

There is a Harbor Freight store by the not so local mega pet shop I go to. Holiday sale weekends coincide and I've been tempted to try the vise I suggested in post #238, as well as a thermal gun to accurately set the waxing iron's temperature.

Don't forget that IR thermal guns need to be calibrated to correctly measure reflective surfaces like iron baseplates :D

Only the inevitable happens and it goes something like this - oh, that little juvenile captive bred "designer" clownfish would be so happy with the one I already have living in a large natural host to the species sea anemone ... or, that Tridacna clam's mantle is psychedelic ... and the money burns a hole in my pocket ... vice, thermal gun, what was it I needed them for?

TANK PIC THREAD!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Hair of the dog that bit me! These are the exact pair of skis I was demo'ing on May 7, 2016, when I had my little booboo. As I was writhing on the snow in pain, I told @Tricia that if these skis became available, I wanted first dibs.

At the start of the season, I asked about them. I got the impression they weren't going to be available, so I put them out of my mind. Then after SIA, I got the text - "Do you still want them?" I hemmed and hawed, but ultimately, yes! I loved these skis for the few runs I had them. And there's a bit of "get back on the horse," too. I know the skis aren't the reason I busted my knee, but I still want to prove to myself that I can ski them.

Since then, Breck has pretty much been bone dry (at least by the time the weekend rolls around), so they've just been closet candy.

qtRjqtR.jpg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hair of the dog that bit me! These are the exact pair of skis I was demo'ing on May 7, 2016, when I had my little booboo. As I was writhing on the snow in pain, I told @Tricia that if these skis became available, I wanted first dibs.

At the start of the season, I asked about them. I got the impression they weren't going to be available, so I put them out of my mind. Then after SIA, I got the text - "Do you still want them?" I hemmed and hawed, but ultimately, yes! I loved these skis for the few runs I had them. And there's a bit of "get back on the horse," too. I know the skis aren't the reason I busted my knee, but I still want to prove to myself that I can ski them.

Since then, Breck has pretty much been bone dry (at least by the time the weekend rolls around), so they've just been closet candy.

qtRjqtR.jpg
You need to tell Zelda, "You're my bitch now. bitch."

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
You need to tell Zelda, "You're my bitch now. bitch."

That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure if I should post it on the refined, exclusive society that is Pugski!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
This sounds like someone's been doing rationalization Tabatas. :D:eek::P

I don't know quite what this means, but I definitely went round and round about buying them because I did *not* need them and don't want to sell any of my other skis, either. So I won't. So there!

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I don't know quite what this means,!

A Tabata is a set- duration block of workout intervals with *very* limited rest between individual peak efforts. They are quite good at building strength fast.

Obviously I felt that the above was a *strong* rationalization , not something only casual conditioning can prepare one for. ogwink

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
A Tabata is a set- duration block of workout intervals with *very* limited rest between individual peak efforts. They are quite good at building strength fast.

Obviously I felt that the above was a *strong* rationalization , not something only casual conditioning can prepare one for. ogwink

Funny thing - this is the motivation I kept coming back to. And it feels silly to buy a ski to prove to myself I can ski it safely, but what the hell. I've bought skis for worse reasons (graphics. twice.). And I already know that I loved skiing these.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Starting next season I completely expect you to make up for my purchasing absence :P

I'm newly frugal. I haven't even bought any new ski gear this season except two pairs of boots and these skis and a skull cap and um ... no, but I think that's it, and those were all NECESSITIES.