• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
This is a crappy picture of my new dog
12079090_10208144150107828_6484308170978506266_n.jpg

I bought him because my other dog had to be put to sleep in August, which was one of the most heartbreaking experiences of my life. He and I kind of tore up the horse show world for several years. Here is my daughter saying goodbye to him the day he was laid to rest.
11900044_10207766081216342_1314128137494989817_n.jpg

We haven't had dogs due to military moves. Just so hard never knowing if a new house will allow dogs, but I always brought my horse with me. So, my dogs are 1200 pounds and I can ride them. :D
Oh, we do have an 18 year old cat, too.

Love all the dog pics. I grew up with dogs and plan to get one again in the future! I have a preference for labs but an adopted mutt is always a good option.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
As my daughter Meryl used to say: "Bigg Goggie!"

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Loomis left and Rye after a Mountain bike ride

1779877_10100599181487662_8641977770392409667_n.jpg

Close up of Rye, he was stray and about 40lb when we got him, up to 55 now and very healthy

12112206_10100599181163312_5666019890328002539_n.jpg

Loomis and Rye just chilling

12049210_10100594694529562_6939434317038461429_n.jpg

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Close up of Rye, he was stray and about 40lb when we got him, up to 55 now and very healthy

Wow, Rye looks SO much like two dogs my parents adopted about 20 years ago, both were at least part Australian Shepherd. Rye looks to be, too, wouldn't you say?
Both are so cute.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
He is supposelyCataloula Leapard Hound(Aka cataloula Cur)

800px-CatahoulaCurBlueMerle.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catahoula_Cur

catahoula though are not a rigid breed like other breeds. Which is good. Some pure breeds have more problems then they are worth.....

Loomis is some sort of Doberman Mix.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
He is supposelyCataloula Leapard Hound(Aka cataloula Cur)

800px-CatahoulaCurBlueMerle.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catahoula_Cur

catahoula though are not a rigid breed like other breeds. Which is good. Some pure breeds have more problems then they are worth.....

Loomis is some sort of Doberman Mix.
Makes me wonder if our dogs were a mix of the same....markings, right down to the toes, coat length, etc. are the same. He's sure cool.

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
In Memory Of ... Toby

Toby.jpg

(Toby, at 5 years old)

This week I lost my best friend. Toby was 16 years old and those years had taken a toll. In addition to some chronic problems, he developed pneumonia and I knew his time with me was over. Toby was sedated. I held my head by his and felt and heard him take his last breath.

I hope his journey was easy and that he has a new "pack", surrounded by family and pets that preceded him.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
In Memory Of ... Toby

View attachment 2665
(Toby, at 5 years old)

This week I lost my best friend. Toby was 16 years old and those years had taken a toll. In addition to some chronic problems, he developed pneumonia and I knew his time with me was over. Toby was sedated. I held my head by his and felt and heard him take his last breath.

I hope his journey was easy and that he has a new "pack", surrounded by family and pets that preceded him.
10993425_680050075433262_8131428510088880521_n.jpg

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier

Update on Toby:

With my previous dog, Brittany, my mother would (sneak) hand-feed her from the table, though I told her repeatedly she should not do that. During Toby’s early years, my mother had Alzheimer’s and had to move to a nursing home. I took Toby to visit and put him on her bed. Though he was young and energetic, he would stretch out beside her and lay his head across her leg.

Wednesday evening, as Toby lay on the table at the vet’s office, I named people and pets he might connect with on the other side. And I said, “maybe Grandma will let you lay on her bed like you used to at the nursing home”.

Text from my niece this morning: “Had a dream of grandma feeding Toby from her plate. He’s good.”

Sounds as if they both are.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
My previous dogs would do anything for me. This one, well, let's just say there is a reason they call them bitches. But, she is a pretty dog and has lots of enthusiasm as long as she gets her way!

Reminds me of a girl I .... well, best not speak about that one!!! :rolleyes: :nono:

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
My previous dogs would do anything for me. This one, well, let's just say there is a reason they call them bitches. But, she is a pretty dog and has lots of enthusiasm as long as she gets her way!
Kinda sounds as if the dog has made you her bitch:wag:

RachelV

I run TheSkiDiva.com and work at OpenSnow.
Ski Diva Tester
Another favorite of our lead dog Ziggy

View attachment 2368

Wasn't this the picture of Ziggy used to try to convince a house owner in Summit county to let Ziggy stay there over Mother's Day one year?

Tricia & Phil: "Really, no dogs? How could you say no to this face?"
House owner: "Like this: no dogs."

:)

RachelV

I run TheSkiDiva.com and work at OpenSnow.
Ski Diva Tester
Since we love injuries here. Elbow dysplasia. Realignment procedure with Swiss titanium hardware which can cure it. She is now out of the two months of incredible boredom and allowed to take leash walks. The things we do for the dogs!

View attachment 2717 View attachment 2718

Hope the healing continues to go ok! The two months of incredible boredom are wearing on Sonora for sure... looking forward to getting her out and about a little bit in another month.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
In Memory Of ... Toby

View attachment 2665
(Toby, at 5 years old)

Sorry to hear of Toby, hope all goes as well as can go, feel for you.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Philpug
    Notorious P.U.G.
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid