• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sun Peaks 2024

msutherland

Putting on skis
Skier
We just visited Sun Peaks for the first time 3-9-24 / 3-16-24. We were a group of 8 ( 1 advanced 27 yr old Boarder, 1 53 yr old low level advanced/ intermidiate skier , 2 15 yr old intermidiate boarders, 2 beginner 7/8 yr old boarders and 2 30 ish beginner/intemidiate boarders. I can honestly say Sun peaks may have been the most perect place for our varied group that we have ever been too. I really lovd the place. We got a little fresh snow a few days, the weather was perfect. It did warm up the last day but I enjoyed the soft spring like snow down low on the mountains. Everyone was super friendly. There were 0 lift lines. The longest we waited all week was maybe 30-45 seconds on the two bottom lifts just a couple of times. We litterally skied right onto the lifts everytime. My son hiked the gils area multiple times a day to snowboard and loved it. I really enjoyed the diversity. My favorites were probably the bowls on top of the Crystal/Burfield lift and the runs through the tree lined narrow slopes on the Mt Morrisey side.
We stayed on fairfield drive one house away from the ski shuttle. It took us a couple of days to get used to the shuttle schedule but that was our fault due to not paying attention closely to the times.
The kids loved the green/blue runs such as Grannie Greenes, 5 Mile, Cahilty ect off of the Sunburst and Sundance Chairs. The only area we didnt enjoy was off the orient chair but we only used it to get to the Mt Morrisey side.
Our favorite restauraunts were Powder Hounds (highly reccomend ) and Oya the Sushi place, we also ate at Bottoms (great nachos) and Massas. All were adequate. The donuts in the middle of the village a re a must as is the sticky buns on the mountain or at the Annex.
Only downside for us was the travel. Coming from Tennessee it was a nightmare and took a full day or travel both ways with multiple connections and layovers. if anyone ever has any questions feel free to ask me.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Would love to ski there but the travel issue is hard to get past.

TS
M

msutherland

Putting on skis
Skier
Would love to ski there but the travel issue is hard to get past.
The travel was a nightmare honestly but if you have the extra time its an amazing place. Its a begiiner and intermidiate paradise. Its got enough hard stuff for the advanced to not get too bored unless you are an extreme adrenalin junkie then it probably not the place for you. If we can spare the two days of travel needed for both ways we will definiltey go back.

Sponsor

Staff online