• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

General Summer Skiing Spots Idaho and Wyoming

Snowflake2420

I70 is Life
Skier
Living in Colorado I'm well aware of a number of skiing locations for late spring, early summer riding. However, I'm planning a road trip to Sun Valley and the Jackson, WY area for primarily mountain biking, but thought maybe I should bring my skis....just in case. Any advice on spots to check out backcountry skiing or otherwise? Thanks

MAB

Putting on skis
Skier
When I was up in Jackson last weekend I heard people saying you can take the tram up at Jackson Hole and then ski out-of-bounds, so that may be worth checking into. Also, there is likely ok skiing still to be had in Teton NP. It would be worth checking out the areas you can get to from the Lupine Meadows trailhead. I hiked there last weekend and saw some snowboarders, but the coverage probably won't be good for much longer.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
A quite a bit of snow still up in the Big Horns, but you are going to work for it.
Beartooth Basin out of Cody, is still spinning their lift; don't know how long though.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I've been up and around since Saturday. Plenty of snow to be had up high. No skiing for me. Family camping and hiking with non skiing wife tho time. Will be on the tram after breakfast tomorrow. Wishing I had ski gear. I've never skied in June.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Corbett's today
WP_20170622_017.jpg

TS
Snowflake2420

Snowflake2420

I70 is Life
Skier
Thanks for the responses. May opt for Beartooth Basin, we'll how much I feel like driving.

snowghost

spknmike
Skier
Thanks for the responses. May opt for Beartooth Basin, we'll how much I feel like driving.

Lifts only run until Sunday at the ski area. However the Gardner Headwall should have lines to ski and shuttle from the road for awhile (a week ago):
IMG_6813 1.JPG

Sawtooths also had a record winter, should be some skiing to be found around there.