• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Summer Fun Nationals

Jimdh

Putting on skis
Skier
Anyone out there that can give me a heads up on what to expect at Summer Fun Nationals? Course sets, steapness, people, etc? Will be my first Masters race, and I'm fully prepared to be DFL - but will push to not be. Are the rest of the racers accepting of a newby racer? Thanks - from an apprehensive Jimdh!

Snuckerpooks

Getting on the lift
Skier
Can't speak to the race other than good luck!

Most ski racers in the Masters category are very welcoming. The others might not show it, but they love having more people ski.
Be yourself, have some fun, and you'll make new friends in no time.

Good luck!

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, Masters are pretty good at welcoming newbies, especially at the summer Nationals. Course sets should be appropriate for Masters, within FIS specs but normally we try to set to take account of the age range of racers. I mostly set slalom at 11-12 avoiding too many extremes of swing and GS at 26-28. The set if course does depend on the hill. Timberline is not super steep

TS
Jimdh

Jimdh

Putting on skis
Skier
Thanks guys.
We'll see what happens ....

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Hi Jim, did we meet? I met a lot of folks and don't remember all of them. I was a Gate Grunt and looked like this:
20170715_135845.jpg
when I didn't look like my avatar. This was my first time to Hood and my overall report was just like yours: old and new friends, great time, skiing in July (not that unusual for me) and a real hoot!

My trip report.

TS
Jimdh

Jimdh

Putting on skis
Skier
Doug, I think we may have. I handed out goody bags on Friday, and my wife worked registration on Friday and timing on both days. We both had a great time - what an experience! Jim

Sponsor