• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Steamboat Lodging

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
This thread is a great example of what makes Pugski.com such a great place to call home! :golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

Reactions: Ron

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This thread is a great example of what makes Pugski.com such a great place to call home! :golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:
oh yeah, that an if hitting Steamboat you have a good chance to get a personal mountain tour guide with @Ron :thumb:

Roby lukens

Putting on skis
Skier
We have been going to steamboat for 15 years as well. Usually stay at canyon creek which is a short couple of blocks down village drive. A nice combination of price and conveience to the market and gondola square. On slope, we stayed one easter week in chateau chamonix in one of the top floor units facing the base area. Perfect for what you need for ski/in ski out and you really feel like you are part of whatever is going on in the square. One warning however, if you get one of the top floor slopeside places there, best keep your underwear on (or not) as the gondola cars are right outside your windows.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
LOL, I used to own at Canyon Creek great units! CC is about a 1/4 mile walk to the Gondi Cham is good but once you get to the base, he will have to walk 300-400 yards to get to Slopeside and TBar. its close to the base of course and technically is ski-in/out for some of the units, others will require about a 100 yard walk. Its pretty pricy at cham though. I have a friend who is in the process of closing on a 3 bedroom unit so I may have a possible unit for him.

Last edited:
TS
Dave Marshak

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
I would take @pete 's advice and also call the resort. Look into all possibilities! Let me know if you decide to come out and we'll make some turns. :thumb:

Thanks, but no one wants to ski with me anymore. I'll need more than a few new parts before I can keep up. I was only invited on this trip to pay the bills and to give beginner lessons to my granddaughter.

LOL, I used to own at Canyon Creek great units! CC is about a 1/4 mile walk to the Gondi Cham is good but once you get to the base, he will have to walk 300-400 yards to get to Slopeside and TBar. its close to the base of course and technically is ski-in/out for some of the units, others will require about a 100 yard walk. Its pretty pricy at cham though. I have a friend who is in the process of closing on a 3 bedroom unit so I may have a possible unit for him.

That actually sounds pretty nice. TBar is not really an important consideration, but I really want to be near the beginner area and to be able to trade off custody of the youngest Marshaks with minimal walking, and in the bar is where you will generally find Marshaks when they are not skiing. OTOH there will be a lot of Marshaks on this trip, so it might be a good idea to keep them out of the bar as much as possible.

dm

LeLeedler

Racer at Heart
Skier
We're planning a big family trip to Steamboat next March, and we're looking for slopeside lodging. We've stayed in town and in the Ski Times Square condos in the past, but this time we are looking for a condo with the most convenient access to the gondola and Christie lift. I'm thinking maybe Antlers,but is there another choice?

dm
Hey, so I have some info that may be good to know regarding your trip, owners of Aspen Snowmass, SkiCo has bought out steamboat so I will warn you expect hefty lift tickets, I don't have a ton of info but, I know it is going to be both bad and good, I am glad being someone who intends to buy a pass at Aspen Snowmass next year and I can now ski Steamboat but, it will almost certainly be more expensive. I have skiied there once so I don't know how helpful I could be regarding that but, this should be good info. Have a great trip when it comes!

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm not sure how much more expensive Steamboat could get. I like the place but was floored by the window prices two years ago. It really seems to have priced itself among the premium resorts.

...but we digress....

TS
Dave Marshak

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
Hey, so I have some info that may be good to know regarding your trip, owners of Aspen Snowmass, SkiCo has bought out steamboat so I will warn you expect hefty lift tickets,
Thanks, but most of the Marshaks already have Maxpasses or other work-arounds. But even without that, the cost of lift tickets will be less than the tip on the bar bill for this trip.

dm

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Hey, so I have some info that may be good to know regarding your trip, owners of Aspen Snowmass, SkiCo has bought out steamboat so I will warn you expect hefty lift tickets, I don't have a ton of info but, I know it is going to be both bad and good, I am glad being someone who intends to buy a pass at Aspen Snowmass next year and I can now ski Steamboat but, it will almost certainly be more expensive. I have skiied there once so I don't know how helpful I could be regarding that but, this should be good info. Have a great trip when it comes!

Lets not jump to conclusions! But the cost difference for a lift ticket is actually minimal. Don't expect any dramatic or profound changes at Steamboat. And your pass at Aspen next year will not get you skiing at Steamboat. I would seriously doubt it will be interchangeable in the future.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

As I recall Steamboat's window lift tickets were more expensive than what I paid at Aspen this year. There has been much discussion on the implications of the Aspen/KSL purchase in another thread elsewhere on the forum which you might find interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron

LeLeedler

Racer at Heart
Skier
As I recall Steamboat's window lift tickets were more expensive than what I paid at Aspen this year. There has been much discussion on the implications of the Aspen/KSL purchase in another thread elsewhere on the forum which you might find interesting.
I am relying on info I found on the news, I sure hope they don't completely change SteamBoat or Aspen Snowmass pricing as a result, I will be checking out that forum post because I honestly don't know too much regarding the purchase. I can't wait but, I am a bit of a skeptic and I can see where this could go wrong.

LeLeedler

Racer at Heart
Skier
Lets not jump to conclusions! But the cost difference for a lift ticket is actually minimal. Don't expect any dramatic or profound changes at Steamboat. And your pass at Aspen next year will not get you skiing at Steamboat. I would seriously doubt it will be interchangeable in the future.
Not sure about that, who knows, I am hopeful. I know SkiCO and I personally kinda know the family who owns and operates it and they very likely won't bunch it in with the season pass but, again I don't know, you don't know. Right now this a new thing. We will see how it goes, I hope for the best.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am relying on info I found on the news, I sure hope they don't completely change SteamBoat or Aspen Snowmass pricing as a result, I will be checking out that forum post because I honestly don't know too much regarding the purchase. I can't wait but, I am a bit of a skeptic and I can see where this could go wrong.

Not sure about that, who knows, I am hopeful. I know SkiCO and I personally kinda know the family who owns and operates it and they very likely won't bunch it in with the season pass but, again I don't know, you don't know. Right now this a new thing. We will see how it goes, I hope for the best.

Perhaps this debate belongs in the thread about the purchase.

https://forum.pugski.com/threads/intrawest-sells-to-aspen-and-ksl.4645/

TS
Dave Marshak

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
We booked a 4 bedroom at Antlers for a week. More than I wanted to spend, and WAY more than I ever spent before, but I've reached the point where I have more money than time.
Thanks for everyone'e help.

dm

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We booked a 4 bedroom at Antlers for a week. More than I wanted to spend, and WAY more than I ever spent before, but I've reached the point where I have more money than time.
Thanks for everyone'e help.

dm

what's the confirmed dates? Just in case i'm out and about!

TS
Dave Marshak

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
Sorry. Too many Marshaks need to keep their travel plans secret, for security and other reasons. I've said too much already. But maybe we can meet up when I'm there.

dm

Sponsor

Staff online