• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sprinter Vans..how would you deck one out?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Erik DaRosa found this sweet set up.
18359300_10155274732817453_5018154012013692407_o.jpg

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I am not a fan of Mercedes Sprinter vans for use in more remote less populated areas of North America due to the lack of a dealership network once you get away from the large cities.

If Ford or Ram make a 4x4 van i would get one of those or wait until they do make one.

A fold down bed that can be used on long non-stop trips--one person drives while one sleeps- might come in handy.

A rear "bus heater" with heat exchanger and fan and plumbed into the trucks cooling system for extra rear passenger heat.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
How about an inflatable pop out hot tub?

Tailgate grill and accessories?

I wouldn't put a lot of emphasis on a bed or camper utility so much as I would on a tuning bench and rolling beach party. You can probably get fully reclining seats and sleep in the front. Pop up roof and loft bed up there if you want to have it all..

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I am not a fan of Mercedes Sprinter vans for use in more remote less populated areas of North America due to the lack of a dealership network once you get away from the large cities.

If Ford or Ram make a 4x4 van i would get one of those or wait until they do make one.

A fold down bed that can be used on long non-stop trips--one person drives while one sleeps- might come in handy.

A rear "bus heater" with heat exchanger and fan and plumbed into the trucks cooling system for extra rear passenger heat.

American Pickers traded their Mercedes for a Ford.
IMG_2254.JPG

IMG_2253.JPG

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Why not sell ad space on it to finance the project? Although, I don't think a ShotzSki logo or ULLR liquor logo would go over well with local law enforcement.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@DanoT makes a good point about rural service, although around here, the best service for Sprinters is definitely NOT found at M-B dealerships (McCoy Diesel in Portland, OR).

If Ford puts 4WD on the new Transit, we'd consider that as a replacement for the Sprinter AND Sienna. That twin-turbo V6 is a sweetheart of an engine, and going from two vans to one would free up budget money for skis! But I haven't seen even a whisper of that possibility.

Regarding Ford's ecoboost engines: You can have eco, or you can have boost, but NOT both at the same time!

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
pugski sprinter van option 2.jpg

That's quite the smile! :)

Tricia close up is on the other side...

Last edited:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Il take this van instead of a Sprinter. :cool:

maxresdefault.jpg

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
but you do need/wish a cage or restraint system on the rear cargo from front driver/passenger. don't wish to hear about rock skis becoming head skis (head ... not Head)

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'd really like a slide out system that holds the skis verticle.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
if not a slider, maybe a lift arm that slides out from above, a vert rack can then be lowered if on wheels.

however don't know how easy any rack would role depending on where you show.

Waterski team my kids are on uses wheeled racks, great in summer.

Owned by a good friend of mine. Started VERY small years ago.

Not cheap, but they do very high quality work!

Like the Timber Den's bed set up .. simple fold up bunk

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Following this as I have the 170 wb, xtra extended, extra tall sprinter 3500. The longest, tallest one they make. It's currently a shop on wheels / work buggy but I'm already mapping out its next life.
We've done the fords, the dodge and know others driving the nissans and none of these IMO can compare in reliability or ride comfort of the sprinter.

It's a 2012 it's a rear wheel drive but with 6 studded shoes it gets us there is some dicey northeast winters.
THE GAME PLAN is to convert it after its life in construction, 2 / 3 years away. Seeing how it's only got 50k on it, there is plenty of life left.

Thinking a massive pull out quiver tray under the bed / sleeping quarters rather than standing them up just due to the height and strapping them in after your spent from the day. The tray will also have a cover to double as the tune / adjustment bench and outdoor table eating space.
With the long wheel base there will be room for a boat like interior with bench seat across from modest galley and the old fashioned table on a pole when needed.

Now for the exterior perhaps a little help from @Dave Petersen here. I'm going to do a logo just like the FedEx sprinters only my logo will be FedUp....gone skiing ! What ya think ?
Oh and by the way, on the pug conversion, Phil needs to be coveting the Z90s in the rear panel :)