• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Snowbasin for Spring Break

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
@4ster, @AmyPJ , or any other locals, we are heading to Powder Mountain next week for spring break and want to come over to Snowbasin at least one day. Any chance one of you would want to make some turns and show my boys and me around your great mountain? Days are fairly flexible although I plan to buy tickets in advance since they are much cheaper. They even have a sweet deal for 2 tickets, 2 cheeseburgers, and 2 drinks for only $100!

John

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@4ster, @AmyPJ , or any other locals, we are heading to Powder Mountain next week for spring break and want to come over to Snowbasin at least one day. Any chance one of you would want to make some turns and show my boys and me around your great mountain? Days are fairly flexible although I plan to buy tickets in advance since they are much cheaper. They even have a sweet deal for 2 tickets, 2 cheeseburgers, and 2 drinks for only $100!

John
I'm game! And winter is returning this week, lucky you, and it's supposed to remain wintery into next week. What kind of terrain do you like to ski? I haven't done well on steeps this season, but can sure give you a tour of a lot of the mountain and a lay of the land. And that's a great deal on tix. I hadn't heard about that!

I work Monday, Thursday and Friday and if the snow is good, will free ski on Tuesday and Wednesday. Just let me know what day you are planning. I can certainly show you around while working, just not as much.

TS
Jwrags

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
@AmyPJ, I skied with @4ster there one day about 8 years ago but a little refresher with the boys would be nice. They are teenagers so will try almost anything on the mountain. Always nice to have someone point out the highlights. Right now I am thinking maybe we will drive over there on Monday but will let you know. Anything for the non-skiing wife to do over there or nearby?

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@AmyPJ, I skied with @4ster there one day about 8 years ago but a little refresher with the boys would be nice. They are teenagers so will try almost anything on the mountain. Always nice to have someone point out the highlights. Right now I am thinking maybe we will drive over there on Monday but will let you know. Anything for the non-skiing wife to do over there or nearby?
Well, not much going on for someone who isn't skiing on the hill, other than to ride the gondola (not free) and enjoy lunch up at Needles lodge. Where are you staying?
Keep me posted on what day. The forecast is looking better and better all the time!

TS
Jwrags

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
@AmyPJ, we are staying slopeside at Powder Mountain (a timeshare trade). I just bought tickets to come over to Snowbasin on Monday, March 27. Got the 2 ticket, 2 burger deal and added on a third ticket. Great deal! Hopefully we will see you on Monday.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@AmyPJ, we are staying slopeside at Powder Mountain (a timeshare trade). I just bought tickets to come over to Snowbasin on Monday, March 27. Got the 2 ticket, 2 burger deal and added on a third ticket. Great deal! Hopefully we will see you on Monday.
I'll be there! I'll PM you my number. I am scheduled to work Monday, but they've been sending us home a lot. Plus, I don't start until 10, so can free ski at least the first hour.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor

John

Hi John. Not sure where I'll be Monday but I'll PM you my digits.
I also have a pass at Pow Mow.

TS
Jwrags

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
Arrived safely at PowMow this afternoon and the boys just had to go night skiing. Turned them loose and went to the grocery store. @4ster, right now we are planning to ski PowMow Sunday and Tuesday and Snowbasin on Monday. Let me know if you want to come over to PowMow.

TS
Jwrags

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
image.jpg
Had a great day at PowMow today. Found some creamy turns in some places and deep mash potatoes in others, but a fun day nonetheless. Looking forward to Snowbasin tomorrow.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Last edited:
TS
Jwrags

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
Had a fun morning at Snowbasin and thanks @AmyPJ for making a couple of runs with us. You are a great, enthusiastic ambassador for the place. We shut it down early because we were a little soggy. Not the greatest conditions but the bathrooms did not disappoint. Went down to the air museum at Hill AFB in the afternoon, which the boys enjoyed. Hoping for better conditions and weather tomorrow. Sorry we missed you, @4ster. Maybe Friday.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Had a fun morning at Snowbasin and thanks @AmyPJ for making a couple of runs with us. You are a great, enthusiastic ambassador for the place. We shut it down early because we were a little soggy. Not the greatest conditions but the bathrooms did not disappoint. Went down to the air museum at Hill AFB in the afternoon, which the boys enjoyed. Hoping for better conditions and weather tomorrow. Sorry we missed you, @4ster. Maybe Friday.
Hope you make it back on Friday! It was definitely a spring-like snow and there were a lot of drenched people. Hoping more falls tonight! The AF museum is very cool--glad you are making the most of your visit here.