• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah Snowbasin Demo Center (grizzly) Any Experience??

Superbman

Getting off the lift
Skier
I will be skiing of three days next week at Snowbasin (Tues-thurs), and I was thinking of leaving skis at home and using the on-mountain demo package option. Has anyone had any experience with the Snowbasin demo center? I've never gone on a 'boots only' ski trip before, but I'd like to give it a shot. Any thought?

Also, if any Pugski locals are around, I'd love to meet up and make a few turns. Thanks!

Liam

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I will be skiing of three days next week at Snowbasin (Tues-thurs), and I was thinking of leaving skis at home and using the on-mountain demo package option. Has anyone had any experience with the Snowbasin demo center? I've never gone on a 'boots only' ski trip before, but I'd like to give it a shot. Any thought?

Also, if any Pugski locals are around, I'd love to meet up and make a few turns. Thanks!

Liam
Hi Superbman! I work there in Guest Services. We have snow in the forecast for those days--lucky you! The demos are generally kept in good shape, and are current year's skis, including Soul 7HDs and Elan Ripsticks, some from Fischer, K2, Head, Rossignol, and several other option.My advice is to arrive early (8 a.m.) to secure the skis you want, then you can keep them for your entire trip or swap them out as needed. The demo center is VERY conveniently located next to the Needles Gondola and John Paul lifts, so it's easy to swap.

I'll be free skiing (not working) either Tuesday or Wednesday. If I do ski Tuesday, it will be with my 10YO daughter, so I'll be limited as to where I go. Have you been to Snowbasin before? I can at least point you in the right direction and give you advice as to where to go, avoid, etc. The mountain tends to get socked in with fog and low vis a lot during storms, so there are areas that are best to avoid if that kind of light bothers you. I hope the sun comes out for you at least one of the days, as it's a gorgeous mountain with gorgeous views!

Sponsor

Staff online