• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Slopesquad 16-17: How many days so far this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohioskier

Getting on the lift
Skier
Finally got some skiing done this week in Cincinnati. I'm up to 3 days. Mostly teaching my 4 and 5 year old girls. Got blessed with a snowy day yesterday that freshened up the ski area. They are about 60% open which is good. Hopefully they can get some snow made this week and get completely open.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Have skied for an hour, hour amd a half 6 days a week since opening, and 3-4 full days, but all work related. Won't have a true free ski day for awhile, but did a TD training event yesterday that was fun!

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Day 3 today-our hill opened Sunday, so I've been 3 days out of 4. I'll ski tomorrow, informal race on Saturday, then ski Sunday at the home hill. Decent start once it finally happened!

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
Day 1: today at Copper. Opensnow reported they only got 1" overnight so I thought it would be a groomer zoomer day and planned on using my i.Speed Rallys. Hah! There was powder and chopped powder all over the place! Thankfully, I brought along the Nordica Enforcer 98s I had recently picked up, had them re-mounted and used them all day. Definitely saved the day. Only got in seven runs, although some of them were long runs. Was great to be out on the snow again. Day 2 tomorrow at WP if wind allows.

Prickly Jones

Jetsetting Curmudgeon
Skier
Think I'm at 9. Nothing very exciting yet. I have been skiing a lot more with my 9 year-old, though, which has been fun.

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
Day 3, today. Have skied three days straight. Had to call it quits before 2:00 PM as my legs were toast.

Won't be back for more until mid-Jan.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Lucky 13 at Deer Valley. With 8" in a flash and rope drops this afternoon it was CMH.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
7 @ A-Basin.

IMG_3056.JPG

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Lucky 13 at Deer Valley. With 8" in a flash and rope drops this afternoon it was CMH.
If Tahoe keeps getting skunked on these storms, we may have to make the 7 hr commute to Casa Lorenzzo to get the goods.

colospgmike

Putting on skis
Skier
Five days so far, Summit county getting just a bunch of snow this past week. Had stuff to do this weekend and typically ski mid week so missed today's dump-Sigh.
Did get a pleasant surprise Wednesday at Breck. Left the Springs at 6 am with 1 in reported and had some nice boot powder by the time I arrived. Snowed hard all day so the Enforcers got to play in about 4-6 in of chop all day-to much fun.

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Morning turns (day 6) with @dbostedo on Okemo hero snow. Kinda cold, pouring snow, though warmer than yesterday, on its way to a warmer tomorrow. Best day this season! (And still early :crossfingers:.)

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
14. I've been way behind most years, but 5 days in a row this week has almost caught me up to average.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Day 3 at Stowe. Best. Day. Ever. We had conditions that I usually experience in the west. And had a great guide (@KevinF)

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
Day 2. Berkshire East. Learning to ski in lovely, and later bumpy, falling powder.

Day 1. Stratton. Too new to notice conditions, except cold!

AaronFM

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Day 6 at Cannon yesterday. Cold and wind meant the Cannonball lift didn't open, but on the front 5 there was soft bumps and a few inches of powder. I hope the rain that's coming through today stays as snow at elevation.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Day 4 at Copper yesterday. Started with my friend Ali and then met up with @UGASkiDawg and @SBrown for a couple of runs as well. They opened Reso and Indian Ridge which were both deep and fun.

Next up, a week in Steamboat for Christmas with new skis that leapt into my car as I drove through Golden yesterday. Not quite sure how that happened. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online