• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Slopesquad 16-17: How many days so far this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
Got my day in July today at Squaw. Season total at 34, and that should be it for my 2016-17 season.

And with one as long as this- only a few months to count down to the next one! :D

Reactions: nay

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Last edited:

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
160ish. My last day was June 25th & finally put my boots in the foot locker the other day, so I guess I can try to figure a total. I didn't keep exact count but I think I have a pretty accurate idea. I figure I had 130 days in Utah between Snowbasin, Powder Mountain & backcountry days. I was able to squeeze another 30 days in California with 3 days at Sierra-at-Tahoe, 3 at Alpine, 2 at Mammoth, 10 at Squaw & 12 backcountry days.
I still hope to get some August turns because that is the only month I have never skied in.

Middle Earth in March
BWO.jpg

Stevens Peak in May
firnspiegl.jpg

fogwan.jpg

Mammoth Memorial Weekend
Mt Lincoln.jpg

Mt. Tallac late May
Tallac 5-13-17 4.JPG

I had about the same last year but many were work days, so I'm gonna say this was probably my "biggest vertical feet skied" year. I think I had more days in 82' or 83' but lifts were much slower back then ;) .

On I side note, one may think someone who skis that many days probably goes through a lot of skis, boots & bindings? Well yes, this is true! To help feed my addiction, I have entered the K2 photo contest found on this very site. I didn't enter just to win stuff but I entered because the skis that are being given as the prize will fit my quiver perfectly! I have probably owned more K2 skis over the decades than any other brand so it would be like getting back with a good old friend. With the demise of SkiLogik, I think this K2 will cover the gap left by my Chariots & Front Burners with style.
A vote would be appreciated immensely!

Thanks!

Attachments

• MO Chute dropping.jpg
    MO Chute dropping.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 8

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
...but,
The math doesn't work yet :doh:.
I would luv to see us 1 & 2 :beercheer:

Tied for 5th doesn't cut it;).

Edit: after a second look, I decided that jacket rocks so you got my vote!

Thank you for your vote. I 'speced' the jacket which my mother then made for me from a Daisy Kingdom pattern and kit. Here it is back in the day:

Cranmore Pass 74-75.jpg

I have the hat and an identical pair of goggles. The boyish good looks, not so much. ;)

dean_spirito

Freestyle Ski Coach
Skier
Yesterday made day 106 (not 108 as I posted before; 108 recorded sessions over 106 days.) https://forum.pugski.com/threads/mt-hood-for-the-summer-fun-nationals.5406/

@dean_spirito , it was great to see you and I'm sorry we didn't get to hang together more. They kept me busy and tired.

Great seeing you too! Looking forward to catching up with you when I get back to Breckenridge.

Today was my 150th day of the season! Pretty stoked. Looks like I may be finishing out the season slightly above last year's total of 163ish.

Michael R.

skiNEwhere
Skier
Calling last season a wrap. At 34 days, that's my least amount of ski days in the last four seasons. Planning to get more this season.

A-Basin - 10/21, 11/24, 2/19, 5/20, 5/27, 6/10 (6)
Vail - 12/2, 12/3 (2)
Breck - 12/4, 12/11, 1/8, 1/29, 2/26, 4/5 (6)
Loveland - 12/10, 1/16, 2/20, 4/28 (4)
Keystone 12/31, 2/18 (2)
Aspen Highlands - 1/7 (1)
Beaver Creek - 2/25 (1)
Sugarbush - 3/5 (1)
Telluride - 4/2 (1)

Fremont Pass (AIARE Course) - 1/14, 1/15 (2)
Vail Pass - 1/22, 1/29 (2)
Loveland Pass - 2/12, 3/25 (2)
Bear Creek - 4/1 (1)
St. Mary's - 7/27, 8/25, 9/3 (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor