• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Slopesquad 16-17: How many days so far this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Day 27 for me yesterday. Skied with team Pug at Northstar and attended the tailgate party too. Good times :)

All days at Tahoe. Breakdown: Sierra(12), Northstar(6), Kirkwood(3), Heavenly(2), Sugar Bowl(2), Diamond Peak(1), Squaw(1).

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
81 and closing day at Breck. The area always closes well before it needs to. Only Peak 8 was open. Searching for the right snow made the day fun. Frosty's was super fun until there was a wreck at the very bottom of it that restricted access. I hope the person is ok. By the time I made it to the mid-load of Peak 8 Super-connect to report it, the patrol had been notified and were on the way.

20170423_170522.jpg

And of course there is this forecast for Breck:

upload_2017-4-24_9-10-27.png

Time to switch mountains:

upload_2017-4-24_9-12-30.png

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
2 days at Jay to close out the season puts me at 32 days total. Apart from 6 days in JH and 6 at Mammoth, the rest were in Ontario, so I don't know if they qualify as full ski days :rolleyes:

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
I ended my season yesterday with 25 days, which was my goal. Next year, I hope to reach 30.

All but 1 day on the MCP:
Mammoth - 3
Aspen/Snowmass - 5
Taos - 6
Whistler - 5
Stowe - 2
Squaw/Alpine Meadows - 3
Northstar - 1

I really just need to move somewhere mountainous and snowy already...

Rich McP

H20nSnow Elsewhere
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Closing day Sunday at Breck made 62 days. Saturday it continues at A-basin. Unless the parking lot looks absurd, then I might drive on to LL.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
It is supposed to continue snowing off and on all week in Summit County with the largest deposit on Friday and Friday night. Early to rise, early to park, early to ski, early to beach is my plan for Saturday.

Today, was day 82. The only picture I took was on behalf of a friend that likes Turtles.

20170425_114958.jpg

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
cube.jpg

Day 27 in spring conditions at Killington. Great skiing, but it's much wetter and sloshier now. That might turn out to have been my last day of the season, although @bounceswoosh keeps waving pictures of snow-covered Colorado peaks at me, hypnotizing me and weakening my hold on my credit card. . .

Jellybeans1000

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
Well I got 6 days at Snowmass this season. Which isn't bad for an Aussie. Will probably ski 15-25 days at Mt Buller, Australia and the Aussie backcountry this SH season. Won't be coming back to the US for a while unfortunately.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Day 55 was last week, but I just realized that it's also Month 55 in that streak. So that's kinda cool.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Just a little PSA - it's going off on the Continental Divide right now and totals are well exceeding forecasts period by period. Snow quality has been phenomenal.

So if you want or need days, there's two swell places to ski running at full ops and a third close to full ops (through Sunday).

Planning to sample (again) and will report back. Conditions for the next 72 hours? Powder. :wag:.

Ulmerhutte

Getting on the lift
Skier
42 days so far, in St Anton. About the same number booked for the Australian winter, at Falls Creek.

There is, of course, another answer to the question... "not enough!".

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Closing day Sunday at Breck made 62 days. Saturday it continues at A-basin. Unless the parking lot looks absurd, then I might drive on to LL.

Let me know if so - I'm on call this weekend, and Loveland has better reception for me, so if I ski that's where I'll be!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
cube.jpg

Day 27 in spring conditions at Killington. Great skiing, but it's much wetter and sloshier now. That might turn out to have been my last day of the season, although @bounceswoosh keeps waving pictures of snow-covered Colorado peaks at me, hypnotizing me and weakening my hold on my credit card. . .

I will be at Killington this weekend if you'll be around. Otherwise we will have to meet up next season at BE. Omg who am i, asking someone if they'll be around to ski. This is new for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January