• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Slopesquad 16-17: How many days so far this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
72-006.jpg

Northstar was quite good this morning 8-10" of light powder on the backside.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Finally hit day 100. We spent the day at Snowmass, carving around on some of the most perfect spring snow I've encountered all season. It would have been a perfect day if some idiot didn't decide to rear end us as we were driving home. Definitely feeling pretty rattled after that one. Head, neck, and back all feel terrible.
Wow, take care of that.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Finally hit day 100. We spent the day at Snowmass, carving around on some of the most perfect spring snow I've encountered all season. It would have been a perfect day if some idiot didn't decide to rear end us as we were driving home. Definitely feeling pretty rattled after that one. Head, neck, and back all feel terrible.

Sorry to hear about the accident. I hope you are better soon. There is plenty of perfect spring snow still around the Summit.

Day 75, at the Basin:
20170413_084351.jpg

Near Pali on the beach. The white canopy in the middle of the picture blew away a moment later.

20170413_104832.jpg

'Zuma Bowl. I skied the line just to the looker's right of the ledge and trees on the right. It was almost soft enough when I attempted it.

20170413_133632_crop.jpg

This guy was 3/4 of the way back to his gear. I didn't see the wreck. I can only imagine...

After skiing from 9 until 1, I hung out back at the beach and enjoyed the sunshine and beer.

Day 76 at Breck:
20170414_130101.jpg

Looking south on a clear(ish) day...

20170414_130101_crop.jpg

... with Pikes Peak in the center background.

20170414_150302.jpg

Looking north towards Rocky Mountain National Park.

Conditions on Peak 7 were between hard and soft around 1 pm. I mosied on over Peak 7 where I skied Wonderland a few times in 4 - 5 inches of delightful, untracked mush and a few more runs down Bliss and the lower trails. Back to Peak 8, a sweet bump run down Lower Boneyard, over to 9 to return by Shock and more soft bumps. My final runs were in some easy skiing slop on Northstar and Claimjumper.

I hope to be back for more this afternoon.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Day 44 at Loon. Sunshine all day. So much fun. Spring skiing is the greatest. I'm a little wistful for some hardpack but spring skiing is great for what it is. So many long fun cruisers off the summit. Went down some fun trails. Groomed in places and slushy in others but we had a good time. No bumps anywhere and I'm pretty sure no speed records were reached but we just cruised and had a blast. après ski on the deck was fabulous. I love the feeling of the sun on my face this time of year. Last day for my 90 Eights today as my end of season 6 year old Volkl Auras will come out to play next to close out the season.

Last edited:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
@dean_spirito In my experience, whiplash is worst around 36 hours. Hang in there. Hope it feels better soon.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@dean_spirito take care of yourself!

I got in day 28 at Copper today with some Ski Diva friends. Beautiful day with some spring conditions on the right aspects. Hallelujah never did soften up but Drain Pipe was luscious slush by early afternoon. It's supposed to be a few degrees warmer tomorrow so hopefully Sierra softens up for closing day.

fullStack

Getting on the lift
Skier
Up to 33 days after spending spring break in Sunriver and skiing 4 days at Mt Bachelor. We went down for sun and corn, but it was like mid-winter the whole time. Spent most of the time in the trees on Northwest and Pine Marten chairs. The last day it was snowing and blowing hard enough for free refills all afternoon with January quality pow in April.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
luscious slush

:wag:

We had mucho at Luv. Most of the off piste also didn't soften due to the cool winds, but piste and some adjacent terrain was fantastic.

IMG_5015.JPG

IMG_5049.JPG

The boy's shadow looks like the Loveland graphic.

IMG_5065.JPG

Some wind buff up high...

IMG_5042.JPG

Some sumpin' below after a...wrong turn...

IMG_5045.JPG

Not pictured: juniper hucking. Those things ski nicely if you keep them flat.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Horseshoes in Horseshoe Bowl. Celebrating Sarah's birthday. Shoe by Phil G.

20170416_154403_crop.jpg

Grilling, beering and general good times at the picnic table.

20170416_125522.jpg

20170416_114353_Union Trail.jpg

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice day at Copper with @kimmyt, @RachelV, and my friend Ali. Hallelujah did finally soften a bit but I didn't make it back over to Sierra in the afternoon but I suspect it did not. Sad to say goodbye for the season.

IMG_0396.JPG
IMG_0397.JPG

Reactions: nay
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Free-Shipping-Pixar-cars-2-Toys-Diecast-metal-Rev-N-GO-73-cars-Children-s-Toys.jpg

Not going to hit last years number of 95 but this year has been sooo good. Plan on getting to Northstar a few more days before they shut the lifts then off to Squaw and Rose before we head to Colorado and maybe even some more skiing here when we get back at the end of next month.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Hit day 21 today. 19 at N*, 1 at Rose, 1 at Kirkwood.

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
Yesterday's ski around before the employee party was day 100 for me! First 100 day season. Off snow for a couple of weeks to repair relations with the non-skiing spouse, then a couple more days at the Basin. And, perhaps, a trip to Mammoth/Squaw/Alpine Meadows...

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid