• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Skiing Styles

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
As the OP I would love to thank all who chimed in on this thread. Many points and ideas covered here filled my head through the season. Nailing the hard cross was drill the @Brian Finch suggested and it helps to keep me forward. So many ideas that @Josh Matta put in my head that I looked for him at my one Stowe day this season but instead I found his roommate Jake. Nice guy but he said Josh was the only that would be able to give me a critical assessment. I have also paid a lot of attention and shadowed the many different ski instructors that routinely join up with us. One level 3 friend said she was working on ski skating the many runouts that we have here at Killington. Great tip that I practiced that a lot for the reminder of the season. Now skiing at our resort is reduced to surviving on 17 acres of world class moguls. After spending 140 days on snow and over 1.5 million vertical feet this season I had to ask my wife the Question

Am I skiing any better?

She answers sincerely “ Hon you look the same as you always have.”

A little disappointed but not surprised at the results. Change is a hard thing. In my next ski life I will find @Bob Barnes and start my skiing obsessive quest off on the right foot.

i it doesnt feel awkward and bad for a short time, you are not changing anything. Which you do feels good so most people will continue to do it.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
i it doesnt feel awkward and bad for a short time, you are not changing anything. Which you do feels good so most people will continue to do it.

QFT.

john petersen

working through minutia to find the big picture!
Instructor
Ahhhhhhhh, sybervision!......that takes me back....my first hypnotic introduction to skiing style and technique.....

JP

Sponsor

Staff online