• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
https://www.skiessentials.com/
TS
SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
LOL, yep, you get into the ski business because of your passion for skiing but then find out that its really hard work and now you have no time to ski :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

TS
SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials

SkiTalk Sponsor
Darn, @SkiEssentials I was checking in to see if TDOTW was a rustler / kingpin setup.... I'll stop back.

It might be a little while before you see a Deal of the Week including the 2018 Rustlers. ;) But hey, you never know!

BMC

Out on the slopes
Skier
Got me a pair of these. Thanks!!!

I know they're heavy ish skis but I was thinking of putting some Dynafits on them. The intended use would be:

• Side country relatively short tours - day tours of a lap or two and back to the resort overnight, and
  • As a second pair of skis for travelling mainly to Hakuba Japan (the Dynafits meaning they pack smaller and lighter).
To be used with Lange Free Tours.

Thoughts?

TS
SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials

SkiTalk Sponsor
Thoughts?

My first thought is that there's no rule book on what bindings you have to mount on certain skis. While someone might think it's silly to put a Dynafit on a ski with metal in its construction, I don't. Sure, it's going to be a little heavier on the ascents, but since you're planning on relatively short excursions I don't see that being a big issue. You'll get more stability on the descents, and let's be honest most of us only go up so that we can come back down. I personally have never focused on weight savings when I put together a touring setup, I focus on what terrain I want to ski and what's going to be the most fun on the way down.

I think the biggest argument against it would be that you'd lose some precision in terms of the skier to ski interface. You probably won't be able to take advantage of the full torsional stiffness of the ski if you were, say, trying to arc Super G turns on firm groomers, but that's kind of a moot argument for a ski that's 105 mm underfoot.

I say go for it!

Sponsor