• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski cross anyone?

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Can't say that I know anything about it, but Word Champs in Spain right now and Sandra Näslund, SWE took the women's gold. Looks like lots of fun allthough Sierra Nevada, ESP looks a little brown. Men's small final coming up with Canada, Austria and Italy on the line.

TS
Swede

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Double gold to SWE,Viktor Öhling Norberg in Men's big final.

Last edited:
TS
Swede

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Love, love, love watching this sport. It's spectacular

Yeah, it's a lot of action... Can imagine that it's hysterically fun to go head to head with your buddies in a course. But then again being 46 I would probably hurt myself and someone else ...

Frankly

Upwind of NY
Pass Pulled
I mentioned this last month, it doesn't get much attention in the US but it looks awesome, like the perfect alternative to GS racing. Some of the jumps look intimidating and I suspect the guy who fell and died a few years ago didn't help the sport.

Looks like it takes a commitment and $$$ to maintain a good course but gee, compared to watching regular ski racing on TV this has to have a broader audience appeal.

Of course I would love to see mass start any-track Chinese downhills, first to the finish wins. That would truly be awesome! Doesn't Daron Rahlves run a Banzai race like this from time to time?

Last edited:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
USSA and FIS sanctioned Chinese Downhill! I almost made it to go see the USSA regional championships last weekend (Saturday). Sunday turned out to be a better day for me to go skiing so I missed it.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Talking about ski cross and Swedes.. any new news about Anna Holmlund? Last thing I heard was she was still in coma, but that was quite a while ago already.

TS
Swede

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Nothing new that I have heard of (don't have any inside, only what's on the news here). Sad story ... she's a bundle of energy and our best ski crosser.