• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski Brands on Bikes

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
With the discussion of Rossignol starting to offer bikes HERE. They are in a long line of ski related brands that offered bikes, some successful, some, not so much.

Lets post some here. Now, it will be easy to rattle off the names but what fun is that. Do some work and find pictures like the one that I will start off with.

Research Dynamics (RD)

Ad from Craigslist:
Research Dynamics bike.jpg

Research Dynamics- Coyote Pro four mountain bicycle. 26" Araya wheels. Aluminum alloy frame. New rear tire and tube. Front very good. Good mechanical condition.
Medium frame. 33" step over
18" vertical tube
22" horizontal tube
All for $65.00

Let the hunting begin.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
K2 Like New!

LIKE NEW K2 24 MOUNTAIN BIKE - $175 (vallejo / benicia)

00O0O_bRz30VsEdVB_600x450.jpg

This is one sweet little bike that has it all . It is called a k2 zed 24.
The size is 14 inch with 24 inch wheels and it has schmano easy shifting
With 21 speeds. This bike is in perfect condition all tuned and ready.
In Benicia call Bud at

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Eddie Bauer, Sharper Image, Salomon, Head, etc have been adding and cutting product lines across many different categories for eons.
My son has Yamaha guitar.

Here's my 1975 Yamaha Moto-Bike. Bike brand that made skis, still makes all kinds of musical instruments..
19665165_1729937230355141_20021740499366422_n.jpg

I do believe the changing climate is influencing ski company decisions to diversity to more year round product offerings. We will also soon be seeing ski company branding on golf gear right?

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I have since sold it, but my first mountain bike was a SCOTT (pictured below with my son about 10 years ago). And yes, I did buy it around 1990 because it was a ski brand. Looks pretty simple now but in 1990 it was pretty cool!

Scott Sawtooth Mountain Bike.jpg

Last edited:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I have since sold it, but my first mountain bike was a SCOTT (pictured below with my son about 10 years ago). And yes, I did buy it around 1990 because it was a ski brand. Looks pretty simple now but in 1990 it was pretty cool!

View attachment 27850

OMG that stem looks so crazy long compared to what you see these days!

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Bit high rise that stem - have a 92 Stumpy comp with a similar length but way flatter.

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
I never owned a Look branded bike, but they certainly are nice. All of my road bikes, on the other hand, are equipped with Look clipless pedals...

look-branded-bike.jpg