• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ship Skis, a great shipping option

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
From the looks of your website you don't do the boxing up of the items but simply handle notifying the carrier of where and when to pick up the already boxed and labeled item. The boxing and labeling is the part I would need someone in Miami to do for me.. Ideally, pick up the bike unboxed, take it to the UPS/FedEx store then box it there and ship it to my NC address so the seller does not have do do anything except check the receipt copy and hand the bike to your folks unboxed.

I guess I need a professional courier service (or a good friend in Miami) to do something like that??

Or a good bike shop. @FairToMiddlin did you have a shop you dealt with when you were in Miami?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Or a good bike shop. @FairToMiddlin did you have a shop you dealt with when you were in Miami?
Looking at a vintage bike auction from a private seller. Not sure how a bike shop would fit in there unless they would pick it up from the seller and ship it without any other part of the transaction benefiting them..

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I used Ship Skis for my Utah trip. Very happy with the service and I plan to use them again next year.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
FWIW, I begged the bike seller to offer a ridiculously expensive shipping option since I was looking at what it would cost to hire a courier to pick up at their house and then take to fedex/UPS and then send me the tracking info etc..

Short story, we agreed that $150 was a fair (I'd really rather not have to ship the bike) shipping charge. Part of me hopes to be outbid. This is right at the top high end of what I'd pay for a super mint bike that matches the first really expensive thing I worked all summer to save and buy in 6th grade, 1976.

Anyway, ship skis is in the short list for skis next time because I hate those logistics as well.

Will Smith

Booting up
Skier
If I'm shipping skis to a buyer, how does the packaging part work? Packaging skis, especially if they have bindings mounted, always seems awkward to me. The local UPS Brown store doesn't carry boxes that work. OTOH, skis I buy from sellers on Ebay, Epic, etc always seem to be neatly packaged in a box that is exactly the right size. Shipping out of zip 82901. Maybe I'm missing where you cover that on the site, but it almost seems as if we'd be packaging in a ski bag designed for air travel rather than parcel post.

@SpikeDog - For snow ski partners we provide boxes for a single set of skis. Our shipments can be packaged in travel bags, hard cases or cardboard boxes depending on what is available to you. As you mentioned our shipments are accepted much the same way you would prepare for the airlines. We would recommend using a "fly tag" to attach the shipping label directly on the travel bag or box which ensures the label stays attached throughout transit.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Will Smith

Booting up
Skier
West Palm Beach, FL to Park City/Deer Valley, what would the cost be?

@Started at 53 Looks like you're in my neck of the woods! Too bad we don't have any snow in Florida I'd love to ride more often :ogcool:. Our single ski shipment is $69 each way to Deer Valley on a standard ground shipping label. It would take around 7 business days to get there. Take a look at our home page to get any other quotes or pricing for your upcoming trips!

https://www.shipskis.com/

Will Smith

Booting up
Skier
I'm looking at a vintage bicycle listed in Miami eBay as local pick up only. Do these folks ship bikes too? @Will Smith if I were to complete the transaction could I email you the PayPal receipt and then one of your folks takes that to the location of the seller with the bike, picks it up there in Miami, then ships it to me in North Carolina?

@crgildart Sorry I didn't catch this in time. Keep us in mind for any future shipments. We ship bikes all the time!