• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Retro/Vintage Talk...

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
So I guess a welcome to those swimming ashore from the sinking episcski boat is in order! You old 'More Retro Memories' folks will feel right at home in this thread. It's a kinder, gentler, machinegun hand here @ Pugski!!! This is simply my version 2.0, it will feel just like home (with a new couch).

So let's get this retro party started :)

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Went on a rescue road trip recently. Skis were a bargain and the gas bill I ignore. Pretty sure they are original mounts on the ROC, S4 and FP (with big cants under the binding. Volkl drilled once before. The Stratos have several holes drilled through probably did duty as a sled but the 102 just drilled once for bindings and the cambers are still very good. Toes on the Fischers are original but the heels have 3 different mounts. Did not get the heels but I have some spare.

185, 195, 205, 207, 207, 210, 223
DSC04341.JPG

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
If anyone finds a pair of my beloved Rossi 4Sk's in the wrapper in a 200, 203 or 205, I'd love a backup!!!
Keep me in mind
:wag:

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor
Hay everyone, I noticed over in the "The Ski/Spademan/Scott" area a lot of Roffe/Demetre THE graphic clothing. Well something came from the far reaches of my memory and I sware there was a even cooler sweater company called E.I.R. that had a very dominant THE tie. I actually think it was connected directly to the company. So please let me know if the oxycodin is still messing with my brain or there really is such a thing. Oh the knee is doing great 6 weeks from surgery and I'm back at work/school and can to the zero to one hundred thirty full time!

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor
Hi cbk...the video will not run..."an error occurred...please try again later"...how does this link to the E.I.R. sweater co?

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Hay everyone, I noticed over in the "The Ski/Spademan/Scott" area a lot of Roffe/Demetre THE graphic clothing. Well something came from the far reaches of my memory and I sware there was a even cooler sweater company called E.I.R. that had a very dominant THE tie. I actually think it was connected directly to the company. So please let me know if the oxycodin is still messing with my brain or there really is such a thing. Oh the knee is doing great 6 weeks from surgery and I'm back at work/school and can to the zero to one hundred thirty full time!

Just googled EIR Ski Sweaters and quite a few popped up - not sure about THE tie...
il_570xN.488150388_7wmv.jpg

0db8ed64c6ed6b8a0de91cf7071f33f7.jpg

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
The first ski that alwasy comes to mind was the Elan FUDD. Of course the Chubb, Olin Outer Limits, Volkl Explosiv. and Dynstar BIG were some others.

And Atomic Powder Plus. They came with offset bindings by ESS VAR and Marker.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
If anyone finds a pair of my beloved Rossi 4Sk's in the wrapper in a 200, 203 or 205, I'd love a backup!!!
Keep me in mind
:wag:

None in the wrapper, but that must have been the most popular ski ever. Every thrift store around here usually has a pair or two, most over 200 cm, several with the matching poles.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Retro stuff I still (might) ski again..

13087721_1284999234848945_1659534175984187806_n.jpg

Retro stuff I am officially finished skiing but still like to look at..
17103256_1602115569803975_9046304878881521384_n.jpg

I am still trolling thrift stores for stuff I used to have.. mostly to ski one more time them add to the fence of fame out back.. hart freestyle and gremlin (white with red), K2 233 mid, Rossi FM, K2 170 FO are the ones I'd like to add out back. The Olins, The Ski, and Split Tails inside will be kept as 100% skiable, but other stuff in there will be added to the fence out back as I replace/retire other stuff..

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor
100_0333.JPG
100_0335.JPG
100_1203.JPG
100_1206.JPG
I forget that pictures of my collection are buried in here some where so to re-introduce it to you all here are some pictures...oh I have a set of S4s but they are my wife's and have a broken edge...they are 195s I did just check...when I met Betsy that was her ski of choice. Lets just say she knows how to put power into a ski.
100_0333.JPG

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Mmmm. XR1s in orange.

Nice collection.

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor
I had in my hands the black Head rainbow (vinyl stick-on graphics) once at a very cool shop in Denver called Kidder's Sports. I've skied the 205 SLs or should I say they skied me...on a good day I weigh 160 and these and many old school Kneissl SL/SE (solid edges) that I just slid around on. Maybe that's why I found myself going hotdogger because of shorter/softer/less camber was the name of the game.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
What's with the Markers on The Puppets? If anything ever cried for a Spademan it's Puppets!

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor
After Spademan went out of business I still was using the Puppets and had also moved off of my Scotts to Lange XRs...Spademan plates are hard to make stable on those Lange's.

Sponsor

Staff online