• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Retired wage earner turned Skibum Student

Neil Eric

Booting up
Skier
I have been lurking, taken notes, and got back on the skis last year, 2015/2016. My equipment was out of date (1980's). The Salomon SX90 boots I last ran in the early 90's, exploded after a dry try in my living room last November. Purchased Dalbello boots without the prerequisite help from pugski forum members, they are comfortable. The demo of skis would now commence.

I had 35 years on skis before an injury and life got side tracked from skiing 22 years ago.
Began skiing in Upstate N.Y moving west after high school skiing the Tahoe area Rose, Squaw,Northstar, Heavenly and Kirkwood.

I'm that guy who comes into the shop looking to adjust bindings on my K2 710-FO's and Rossi ST comp with 30 year aged Salomon 727 bindings in 2015. I was set straight, like the skis.

So here I am trying to catch up on the equipment, the terms you all refer to, the numbers that didn't exist way back when.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Wow...SX90's ST Comps and 727's..you were THE MAN..in 19...81..:hail::hail:.Sadly, I would say you could get on a $299.00 package ski/binding combo and have a better time skiing. The question now is where will you be skiing, how much and with a bunch of hardware in your ankle, how aggressively?

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have been lurking, taken notes, and got back on the skis last year, 2015/2016. My equipment was out of date (1980's). The Salomon SX90 boots I last ran in the early 90's, exploded after a dry try in my living room last November. Purchased Dalbello boots without the prerequisite help from pugski forum members, they are comfortable. The demo of skis would now commence.

I had 35 years on skis before an injury and life got side tracked from skiing 22 years ago.
Began skiing in Upstate N.Y moving west after high school skiing the Tahoe area Rose, Squaw,Northstar, Heavenly and Kirkwood.

I'm that guy who comes into the shop looking to adjust bindings on my K2 710-FO's and Rossi ST comp with 30 year aged Salomon 727 bindings in 2015. I was set straight, like the skis.

So here I am trying to catch up on the equipment, the terms you all refer to, the numbers that didn't exist way back when.

Welcome back Neil, you are going to love all the new equipment. My go to skis were Rossi 3G 207cm and Nishizawa 1600 203. The new skis and boots are really great. Enjoy.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You have come to the right place.
Glad you're here.

TS
Neil Eric

Neil Eric

Booting up
Skier
I would say you could get on a $299.00 package ski/binding combo and have a better time skiing. The question now is where will you be skiing, how much and with a bunch of hardware in your ankle, how aggressively?

@Philpug I'm sure, unfortunately my taste is above that price mark, going for the best time skiing this time around. I live west of Kirkwood in Volcano Ca. and carry the Tahoe Local Pass. How aggressive? We'll see, last season skiing I strained my Hamstring early December, those tails have an edge that bites, recovered, broke a rib returning late in January, sat out February, no fresh snow anyway, still got 20 days in.
I have plans for a good season coming up!

Sponsor

Staff online