• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold Renoun Atlas 80

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
Selling my pair of Renoun Atlas 80, in 177 length, mounted with Marker Griffon 13 bindings. This was the 2nd mounting of these skis and they are currently mounted for a 28.5 mondo (320mm). Can't say enough good stuff about this ski, I've probably ridden it 30 partial days (or less) and its just always been a good time. It's not the strongest ski, it's not a scalpel, but it genuinely does a phenomenal job at being a "I don't know what the conditions are going to be" answer to the East Coast. Selling because I just found too much overlap with my Stockli AX.

Current tune is a 1/3 (base/sides). No significant damage to the ski at all, there is a LOT of life left here.

Asking $450, bindings included.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    126.3 KB · Views: 28
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 28
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 25
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    67.8 KB · Views: 25
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 27
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 28
  • image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 31

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I demoed these in a private demo in Killington last year and they were amazing. So much so that even I could carve with them:geek: I opted for the Endurance 80s but if you're looking for a carver these are your skis. GLWS.

senordude

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I am interested in your Atlas 80's. I am 5-10 and about 200#. The Renoun Ski Selector recommends a 170cm ski for me. But I ski pretty aggressively and I currently ski on 183 length Masterblasters.
Do you think I will be happy with your 177's?
You state 2nd mounting of the bindings. Are you the original owner? Or was it owned by someone before you? I am trying to see how much life are left in them.

TS
J

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
I am interested in your Atlas 80's. I am 5-10 and about 200#. The Renoun Ski Selector recommends a 170cm ski for me. But I ski pretty aggressively and I currently ski on 183 length Masterblasters.
You state 2nd mounting of the bindings. Are you the original owner? Or was it owned by someone before you? I am trying to see how much life are left in them.
This pair was originally from Cyrus's media quiver, I believe he said they had less than a dozen runs on them when I bought them from him. You'll see what i believe is his signature and a # written on the tail of one of the skis. I was kinda annoyed that he had removed the bindings at the time, but that's just what he does I guess. Kind of a benefit/hazard of his satisfaction warranty, he ends up with a small share of skis that have barely been skied but then were returned for whatever reason and he immediately removes the bindings (or the customer does). For this pair the mount point is about +1cm and I'm pretty confident they'll adjust to accommodate a 27.5-29.5 boot.

As for your sizing, I'm about 1" taller but same weight and I wouldn't want to go shorter. They turn very quickly, they smear really easily and they've never felt long to me. Personally, I'm not sure I would be comfortable on the 170 version of these. I don't usually ski anything shorter than a 172, and that would be my Laser WRT-ST's which are very stiff and have long effective edge. I can't imagine you would be unhappy with these, they really are great. I kept them and the AX for a season because I felt like the Atlas was possibly a little more versatile than the AX, but at the end of the day you only have one pair of feet too strap skis to and it doesn't make sense to have competing quiver slots.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am 5-10 and about 200#. The Renoun Ski Selector recommends a 170cm ski for me. But I ski pretty aggressively and I currently ski on 183 length Masterblasters.
Simply, yes.

Michael V

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, 177 for your height and weight...

If they were shorter I'd be grabbing them. Demoed last season with Cyrus, and these are an 80mm carver that like to rip. I'm on the 88's, and had Z-90's before. RENOUN is making really good stuff.

senordude

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Jeronimo. Skis came packed well. They were exactly as advertised. Took them out this morning and I really like them. My CARV score jumped 5 points. Seriously!
It will still take a few more times out with them to really get dialed in.
I was a bit surprised how much shorter they felt than my 181cm Masterblasters. These are only 4 cm shorter, but I sort of felt I was leaning over the tips.
Thanks Philpug and Michael V for steering towards the 177's instead of the 170's.

Sponsor

Staff online