• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
I went back and looked at mine, no change in all that time, still trying to help someone troubleshoot boot problems, even though I'm not a boot fitter!

First thread was asking how to do something.

DeaconBlues

Straight Ski Junkie
Skier
Guess that it's fitting that I joined Pugski on the day Epicski died, sniff. Didn't even know the website was shutting down until a week ago.

Just wanted to thank all the folks on the More Retro Memories thread for all the great pictures and advice; Philpug, Rossi Smash, Royal, Joal, Lowell (for the only trade I ever got a chance to do there), and everyone else. Thanks for spurring me to go backward in time rather than forward in my choice of skiing equipment. I was planning to buy new skis and wasn't too jazzed about doing the whole super sidecut thing. My son refers to me as a "Non-Adopter" in marketing lingo and he's very right. Was going through Google Images reminiscing about all the great skis I couldn't afford in high school and college and hit a bunch of pictures that Rossi Smash posted (This was back before Google Books loaded all the old Skiing and Ski magazines from the 70s and 80s). Stopped thinking about new and went Old School instead and never looked back! Best thing I ever did. Went from 1 pair of straights to 20 and still climbing. Great fun to take the old skis out for a day or 2 on the slopes and have a blast. Also, searching for them online gives me something to do when my wife is watching some worthless show on TLC (The Loser Channel).

Anyway, thanks for the memories Epicski!!

DeaconBlues

SugarCube

Out on the slopes
Skier
I suggested over at Epic that someone point a video camera at the screen and see what happens when the lights go out. Now no offense 53, you haven't been around all that long so we have yet to determine if you are right in the head or not. I've personally met tons here from Epic and most know I am not right in the head. Time will tell.

Good lord, I married you...what's that say about me?

Tnarg

Booting up
Skier
And it's gone...... From my notifications, mdf probably had the last post. No clue if they are a member here or not....

Rich McP

H20nSnow Elsewhere
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Wait, false alarm. Death throes apparently. A page refreshed to an On The Snow page, to a blank white page with nothing but "error", now back to normal. Hmmm.

Tnarg

Booting up
Skier
Wait, false alarm. Death throes apparently. A page refreshed to an On The Snow page, to a blank white page with nothing but "error", now back to normal. Hmmm.

Definitely death throes... Now I get my cell provider "can't find" page

Edit... It's still alive I just posted....

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
The EpicSki website is no longer active. Sad to see it go.

We have decided to close this thread.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I also learned, much to my surprise after many years of skiing Aspen, that Aspen Mountain is tiny and the other mountains don't count.

Ha! That was one of the first threads I posted in... it was, interesting. And I hadn't even been to Aspen at that point, but I feel I was completely vindicated.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Thinking about what a 'show' it became toward the end, checking out was easy. Tricia, you guys have done a magnitudes better job of moderation. It's been a major upgrade hanging here.

Last edited:

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Thinking about what a 'show's it became toward the end, checking out was easy. Tricia, you guys have done a magnitudes better job of moderation. It's been a major upgrade hanging here.
People who love skiing and want to make a living out of it VS People who love money and see an opportunity to make it through the subject of "skiing".

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I joined Epic in 2006.
I am remembering my first post on Epic was in response to an inquiry about alternatives for teaching first time skiers. I posted an in depth outline describing the steps I used to teach a direct to parallel carving lesson on 9 meter radius, 110cm skis. As I recall my post was received without a lot of enthusiasm :huh:. I had never heard of PMTS & only new of HH from his term on the PSIA D-team in the 90's.
Looking back, I think folks thought I was a troll :roflmao: .

The first thread I started was asking if people thought my 83mm Rossi B3's would be fat enough for Heli skiing in Haines AK :doh::doh::doh:!
I remember my first post too.

I was on the old Skinet site (a bulletin board run by Ski Magazine) and someone started a thread "Volant makes shoddy skis" it was about having a Volant ski that delaminated from a rotten core. He was on a soapbox and had an agenda, I quickly concluded that it was from a bad mount job. He then started the same thread over on this new site called "Epicski" and one of the members "Winks" who was on both sites suggested I come over and take a look. I lurked more than posted and IIRC I my 727th post was about three or fours years in and I did a homage to the Salomon 727. From then I got a little more active.

Sponsor

Staff online