• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Haven't seen many photos here lately. Here's one from Suicide Six.
DSC_9088.jpg

razie

Sir Shiftsalot
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What faults are you seeing here?
He's rotated a lot, inside arm well back and likely reached for the gate. On that line, it should probably have been an inside clear rather than a cross block.

He's still got direction and is high, but that will slow down the switch and likely make him slide into the next turn.

This was early in the season, we worked a lot on that and is doing better now.

Comish

Putting on skis
Skier
I will play here. Got a U-10 at Mammoth. Got 4th at a recent Far West Slalom at Sugar Bowl. Missed third by .08 second which he was super pumped about. Unfortunately crashed in day 2, 2 gates from the finish leading to tears. He is having a blast with it and can't wait for every weekend.

F Sugar Bowl Slalom 1.jpg
F Sugar Bowl Slalom 2 .jpg

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
I'll play again.

First the high highs...my oldest (U16) on the top step of the podium at the Wilder Dwight downhill at Aspen Highlands in late January.:yahoo:
Winning.jpg

And the low lows. My youngest in the cast with a broken ankle from a crash in Super G 4 weeks ago and my oldest 2 weeks after winning the downhill crashes on a catwalk traversing to a training set at Winter Park and tears her ACL:crash::nono::crutches:
Injury.jpg

Going to be a long off season....at least the younger gets back on skis in 3-4 weeks....she's bored to tears.

Muleski

Inactive
I'll play again.

First the high highs...my oldest (U16) on the top step of the podium at the Wilder Dwight downhill at Aspen Highlands in late January.:yahoo:
View attachment 39905
And the low lows. My youngest in the cast with a broken ankle from a crash in Super G 4 weeks ago and my oldest 2 weeks after winning the downhill crashes on a catwalk traversing to a training set at Winter Park and tears her ACL:crash::nono::crutches:
View attachment 39906

Going to be a long off season....at least the younger gets back on skis in 3-4 weeks....she's bored to tears.

My "like" ^^^^^, is in the spirit of congratulations on the skiing, girls, and wish them both well on a speedy and thorough recovery! Keep smiling!

QueueCT

Getting off the lift
Skier
Post season for U12s in New England means the Piche Invitational at Gunstock this weekend. Both daughters qualified so they are over the moon but, realistically, they will get smoked by the better ME/NH/VT/NY kids. Which is perfectly alright as they'll have a blast, make some new friends and have a new goal to shoot for. Road trip starts tomorrow afternoon.

Grace Skate to Finish at Southington.jpg
Ellie Thunder Ridge 2.jpg

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
And she's done it again this season. Finished second twice, first all the other nights, taking the seasonal trophy again.

Am I allowed to post that my almost 30 year old daughter can still rip? She won the season's woman's trophy in her beer league. In spite of being really sick for four of the meets, and missing two of the eight races.

(She got that horrid flu that leaves you coughing for weeks and cracked a rib from the coughing. I wish I could say she was better now.)

As to dropping out of racing, she stopped after freshman year of college because she wanted to concentrate on college and felt she couldn't do both and succeed in both. But, it turned out she never really left the sport because her old team asked her to coach when they heard she'd moved back after college. So she did that for five seasons (with an interruption for grad school). She's done with that now, but doing this beer league thing, so in a way she didn't leave.

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
Great snow conditions for Sugar Slalom today. Tough wind though, the kid got a major hurricane blast during her first run in the scored race and just squeaked into the flip. Improved by twenty spots in the 2nd run though.
DSC_9723.jpg

Muleski

Inactive
Great snow conditions for Sugar Slalom today. Tough wind though, the kid got a major hurricane blast during her first run in the scored race and just squeaked into the flip. Improved by twenty spots in the 2nd run though.
View attachment 43575

Great pic! Do the "big kids" still get sugar on snow? Was my favorite race as a kid....50+ years ago. Cheers!

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
Sugar on snow tomorrow! This big kid will be sure to get some for you. It's a whole lot different now from 50 years ago. Not on Nosedive anymore for starters. Sorta too bad it moved, but it is a hell of a lot easier to hold it where it is now.

Muleski

Inactive
Sugar on snow tomorrow! This big kid will be sure to get some for you. It's a whole lot different now from 50 years ago. Not on Nosedive anymore for starters. Sorta too bad it moved, but it is a hell of a lot easier to hold it where it is now.

Funny, when I was maybe 12-13, I can remember my dad saying that it was a pain in the neck to hold it on Nosedive even then! And of course he'd gripe about the best part of the trail being the original turns at the top.......Back when he carved his skis out of local maple trees and rode his Dynosaur to the hill! I know at times, I sound the same way.

BUT, I will say that some of my son's favorite and best early FIS results were on Hayride. Back around 2005, 2006. I really love Main Street and the whole MMSC set-up over there. Great. But I also enjoyed watching some racing on Hayride.....

Nice to have the sun, too! Sorry for the thread drift......

Muleski

Inactive
Great!! Costume is looking very fast, too! Fun!

So that's a wrap on the race season?

Thanks for the pics!

Sponsor