• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Quite the week in Utah

Downtown

Putting on skis
Skier
Tuesday (January 3rd) was the best day of the year at Snowbird. Some frequent skiers told me it was the best day in a few years. I don't know about that, but it was very very good.

People had come home from vacation and had to go home for work/school, whatever. The temperature was very cold and it had been dumping for a couple days, resulting in the light dust/champagne powder the Cottonwood canyons are known for.

The photo is what upper Baldy looked like on Tuesday. My pole fell straight in without much of a push. It measures 50", and even though there's a nice steep slope, you get the picture.

I also went Friday. Bookends and Road to Provo had been collecting all week. As you can see in the video clip, some of it was wind blown, but by the end, you can see how good it was.

Sorry about the camera, it was angled a bit low...so I slowed it down, so you wouldn't get sick...the snow in the last 30 sec or so...perrrrfect.

Attachments

• pug.jpg
    pug.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I agree that normally that would be an unfortunate camera angle, but here I found myself looking at the snow around your skis more than the terrain -- so it works!

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
if you mount the camera upside down you can get a much better angle.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Curious why do you bring your pole across your body every time?

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Ditto for Snowbasin, this winter just keeps on giving! Yesterday, we found fresh tracks on every run. The R word scared everyone away, but, from mid-mountain up, it was creamy powder everywhere!

TS
Downtown

Downtown

Putting on skis
Skier
Curious why do you bring your pole across your body every time?

I think it's an old but not good racing habit that I never broke. When I'm thinking about it I'm better at keeping them in the front rather than across :)

Sponsor

Staff online