• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Quick, cold waxing technique?

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Hi

Last year I bought some "easy on" (and I know it also means "easy off") from @SlideWright . I opened a thread and I think @cantunamunch helped with instructions as well. The whole sub-forum, and with it the thread, has disappeared from the site.

Long story short, I would appreciate a refresher on how to best apply this "cold" wax. It comes with an applicator, there is no need to iron it in. You spread it on the bases ... and then it gets fuzzy. I have a cork and a brush. Do you let it dry, cork it in and then brush?

Thanks much for any help, and hope this thread helps others! I am taking a day trip tomorrow with my son, and would like to prep-up the skis ...

TS
Mendieta

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
I'm not sure I remember which exact wax you got, but that should be about right in general. Did you get the liquid /spray or the paste?

I got the paste. Do you need to let it dry a few minutes, between any of the three steps? Thanks!

TS
Mendieta

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Ah. Yes. Let dry before corking. And remember - a little goes a long way - save yourself the chore of unclogging the cork.

Thank you, I actually got a synthetic cork, as suggested by you at the time. Worked fine when I used it in December.

Final question: do you simply brush along the base, until it looks more like a reflective surface? (Like in a shoe-shine?) Or are you looking to remove excess paste and create some grooves? Many thanks for taking the time!

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I used this a few times this season (can be used with almost any ski wax) along with a nylon brush and worked great.

IMG_1636__28259.1442264108.500.659.JPG

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Final question: do you simply brush along the base, until it looks more like a reflective surface? (Like in a shoe-shine?) Or are you looking to remove excess paste and create some grooves? Many thanks for taking the time!

The rule of thumb is - cork to a shine (or as close as you have energy for) then brush out. Sure, along the base - grooves will open up if they are in the base. Not so much pressure as to bend the bristles away from the base. Shoe shining is actually a good model there. *grin* I suppose we're both dating ourselves with that reference.

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
The rule of thumb is - cork to a shine (or as close as you have energy for) then brush out. Sure, along the base - grooves will open up if they are in the base. Not so much pressure as to bend the bristles away from the base. Shoe shining is actually a good model there. *grin* I suppose we're both dating ourselves with that reference.

Ha ha! I remember!

Sponsor

Staff online