• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@nay sold me a pair of Kastle LX82s, in great shape, shipped well. And, I love them! Skied them today and kicked myself for not skiing them sooner this season!

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
img_3123-jpg.14384

Volkl FIS W 188/30 WC GS.

@ScotsSkier taught me about them and then sold me these, and man, they have changed what I do on groomers, the best.

Very accessible and super fun, in spite of my trepidations the last few years.

Super packing, timing, prep work on these skis, better than I could have expected condition, and results on the slope.

Thanks, @ScotsSkier and @Pugski! :hail:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
This winter a pair of Stockli Stormrider XLs I got from @Muleski has been my go-to mixed conditions rock ski. Superbly prepped, better storage wax than I've ever seen on a ski that wasn't mine, fast-as-stink bases. I've put more miles on those than on any ski in my ...armory? armlann? this season, more even than the rec SLs. I got doubly lucky: our BSL matched. and I dropped the Sollys right in. Yeeeeeeehaaaa!

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I can't figure out two things. How I lived m life before my heated boot bag and how I'm going to use it in the off season, it's too cool to not use.

Thank you Ski Essentials for a silly good deal and friendly, efficient service.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
This winter a pair of Stockli Stormrider XLs I got from @Muleski has been my go-to mixed conditions rock ski. Superbly prepped, better storage wax than I've ever seen on a ski that wasn't mine, fast-as-stink bases. I've put more miles on those than on any ski in my ...armory? armlann? this season, more even than the rec SLs. I got doubly lucky: our BSL matched. and I dropped the Sollys right in. Yeeeeeeehaaaa!

Love it when they go to the right home!
Great to hear! Enjoy them!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
A huge shout out to @MattD for selling me a band new still wrapped in plastic pair of 2016 Stockli Laser AX skis. I've worked very, very, very hard on my skiing this season and have had several breakthroughs. I was really wanting a pair of these and when Matt approached me about them I thought it was the perfect time to make a couple changes to my quiver and buy a little present to myself.

These are very special skis and I promise to do them proud. I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair of black and white attack 13 bindings and then these babies will be complete.

Thank again Matt for a great price, being so cool and for making this happen.

20170221_181234.jpg

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I've heard of people doing this but I figured as an intermediate skier I might not realize the benefits of doing this that a more advanced skier might.

What does the plate do?
The plate will add leverage. I agree with you,for where you are in your skiing right now, you don't need a plate.

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
I've heard of people doing this but I figured as an intermediate skier I might not realize the benefits of doing this that a more advanced skier might.

What does the plate do?

Gives you more leverage on the ski, which is a nice thing to have. That kind of ski loves to get up on edge, and a plate gives you a longer lever.

Beat me by a hair, Phil. :D

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
No plates are really compatable with the Attack bindings. Marker Piston plates w/Xcell 12 binding or Head Race Plates with Head Free Flex 14 Evo bindings. I would suggest either of these for your purchase now and then you could always add the plate down the road if you are looking for more performance. But again, it would be overkill for you right now.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
No plates are really compatable with the Attack bindings. Marker Piston plates w/Xcell 12 binding or Head Race Plates with Head Free Flex 14 Evo bindings. I would suggest either of these for your purchase now and then you could always add the plate down the road if you are looking for more performance. But again, it would be overkill for you right now.

Thanks. I agree at the moment the plate would be overkill. Thanks for the binding and plate suggestions and good to know I can always add the plate down the road.

:beercheer:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier

Found these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Head-Freefl...406062?hash=item58e757b1ae:g:N3YAAOSwx2dYHI6v

Just an older model hence the Evo 11 versus 14?

In reading up on the Head Free Flex 14 Evo bindings at Peak Performance in Killington but it says its a junior binding. I am nowhere near being a lightweight so wanted to make sure my weight isn't an issue for these bindings.

http://www.peakskishop.com/Head-Freeflex-EVO-14-Bindings-2017_p_5664.html

Also found these in my independent search.

http://www.look-bindings.com/en-us/product/nx-12-fluid-b80-FCFB012

Maybe I'll just get the Attack 13s. @Bobalooski had/has attacks on his Lasers and I believe they were fine.

Don't want to hijack this thread by getting all binding crazy so feel free and message me if that's easier.

Go Pugski :)

Last edited:

MattD

aka Hobbes429
Skier
A huge shout out to @MattD for selling me a band new still wrapped in plastic pair of 2016 Stockli Laser AX skis. I've worked very, very, very hard on my skiing this season and have had several breakthroughs. I was really wanting a pair of these and when Matt approached me about them I thought it was the perfect time to make a couple changes to my quiver and buy a little present to myself.

These are very special skis and I promise to do them proud. I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair of black and white attack 13 bindings and then these babies will be complete.

Thank again Matt for a great price, being so cool and for making this happen.

I'm glad it all worked out! Those skis deserve more use than I would have given them! I always try to make real "win-win" transactions!

JFB

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I gotta give mad props to Brian Finch for a great deal on some Blossom Great Shapes with plates. First, he didn't want what I was offering and sold them to me for less! I was concerned that it might be too good to be true. But he shipped promptly, packed them well and, on arrival, they were in immaculate condition. What a guy!

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Props to @Brian Finch for not selling me a pair of skis.

I know what you are thinking: "Wait, Mendieta, you are either drunk or worse, or you came to the wrong thread". Well, not, really. Brian had a ski that we both thought would be good for me. But, during the conversation (and pretty much with an agreed price), we both concluded that it was not what I need at this point. He was the first one to recommend I don't buy it. That's a ski buddy, right there :)

Sponsor