• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pugski at Outdoor Retailer Summer Marketplace 2017

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is the final year that Outdoor Retailer will be taking place in Utah and we're here getting the scoop on the new technology that will help you hit the trials, hit the water, or get off the grid.
We kicked things off with a Facebook live this morning and will be covering more events as the week takes shape.
Tell us what you want to see and we'll do what we can to get a closer look.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A few of the things we saw at Media Night
Cauldryn - Its a thermo insulated hydration flask with a rechargeable battery to actually heat water to make your favorite hot drink while getting off the grid.
It also has an ac adapted stand for quick heating of a beverage in your car.
20294260_1408988495858750_695445686523172495_n.jpg

Dometic -
Its a cooler with a compressor like your refrigerator that keeps your stuff cold, and can actually freeze your stuff. Retails for $749.00
Requires some kind of plug in like your car, or a solar panel(sold separately)
The unit show weighs 38 lbs without food in it.
The recommended solar set up was the Yeti Goal Zero 400
Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 8.28.11 AM.png

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The big news at the show has been solar powered options for getting off the grid with some of the conveniences we've grown accustomed to.
This solar panel can charge this power source - Both from Outdoor Tech.
IMG_5508.JPG

Superfeet is making shoes.
For my personal fit, the arches fit much like their footbeds, so if they fit you, these shoes will probably fit you.

IMG_5511.JPG

Yeti has a limited edition color. I don't think you'd get this mixed up with @Drahtguy Kevin's Yeti
IMG_5513.JPG

Indie is one of many officially registered dogs. She is demonstrating the K9 Back Pack fitted for your furry friends.
At this time they're rated up to 30 lbs, but they're working on some packs that will rate as much as 60 lbs.
IMG_5520.JPG

The Catalyst electronic protection for Apple products promises to be one of the most waterproof protection for everything Apple, from your iPad, Apple watch, or iPhone.
We have a few samples we're going to test to let you know how they work.
IMG_5518.JPG

This last photo is a tease for a video we're going to be doing today with Yakima. Its clear that Yakima is a serious rack company for serious adventurers.
Look for our video today on Facebook, which will also be posted here on Pugski.com
fullsizeoutput_4708.jpeg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Outdoor Tech is offering a real cool power pack to charge your stuff
IMG_1128.JPG

Superfeet is expanding their footbed experience into a footwear line
IMG_1129.JPG

Salomon's new hiking boot
IMG_1130.JPG

IMG_1131.JPG

Liek this hat design? thinking about it for the next Pugski hat. Post your thoughts
IMG_1132.JPG

Lowa is still offering some serious boots for the coming winter
IMG_1135.JPG

Merrell had a real good looking booth.
IMG_1136.JPG

Last edited:
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A few more images from the show. Its amazing the variety of things you see here, from serious back country to fun water sports, to everything in between.

To get things rolling today, lets think about playing on the water with some fun blow up toys!
IMG_0028.JPG

Cat Crap is something we talk about for winter use and goggle defogging, but cat crap lip balm is something I'm scratching my head about. I'm sure it works, but cat crap on your lips??
IMG_0030.JPG

Khombu Shoes, for winter and summer. We look forward to seeing more of what they have. I will say, their sandals are some of the most comfortable things I've ever felt.

IMG_0031.JPG

WaterProof hand held to use your phone like a GoPro. We have one of these to work with and used it to take some video. Will share it soon!:popcorn:
IMG_0063.JPG

@dean_spirito @kimmyt and a few others will enjoy this boot. I was amazed at how many people were hanging out, placing orders and playing with Kala.
Disconnect with a Kala
IMG_0061.JPG

RMU is a name we associate with skis, but here they are with serious packs, dog collars that turn into dog water bowls, and other fun stuff.
On top of all that, they've opened up a tavern in Breckenridge https://rmuoutdoors.com/pages/rmu-tavern

IMG_0058.JPG
IMG_0056.JPG

Arcade Belts are something many of you have heard of, and some of you have used. This stretchy, functional, fashionable belt.
IMG_0053.JPG

Cody Townsend is one of the founders, we happened to see at this booth. The dude is always smiling.
IMG_0052.JPG

We've been seeing a rise in bear encounters with our members. You'll be happy to know there are a variety of bear sprays and vessels to carry bear spray when you're hiking, camping or just out enjoying nature.
IMG_0048.JPG

Tecnica came out with a new hiking shoe that is heat moldable and customized called the Forge. We had the chance to see a few people get fitted while we were there.
Price point is $250.00, available in shops that are equipped to fit.
IMG_0045.JPG
IMG_0044.JPG

Still sorting out notes and photos. Will share more as things get sorted.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
How about a backpack-able Shotzski, preferably carbon fiber.
And some instant Blanton's powder.
Summer?
We don't need no stinking summer.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How about a backpack-able Shotzski, preferably carbon fiber.
And some instant Blanton's powder.
Summer?
We don't need no stinking summer.
:wave: Hi. Nice seeing you around here.

dean_spirito

Freestyle Ski Coach
Skier
Very cool to see all those pretty ukuleles!

Also nice to see RMU representing! My friend Ethan Swadburg was coaching at Windells this summer. He is on the RMU pro team and actually has a pro model ski that he designed. They sent him one of those packs and I had a chance to check it out. Great product!