• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Protek, Snowglide, etc.

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
Ok, understand we keep coming back to the edge grinder topic, but wondering for those that have them....is there anything that has disappointed you about your purchase or challenges you didn't expect from the machine. (e.g. cleaning/maintenance, still having to finish the edge with diamonds, etc.?) Or (hopefully) is it everything you expected and can't believe you didn't buy one earlier?

Been considering a purchase for a while now, but committed to buying one for the next ski season. (time savings, better edge finish and consistency, etc.)

Along those lines, any concerns about getting new grinding media when needed (e.g. company going out of business and can't get replacement wheels, etc?)

I know we've talked about the different grinders in many topics, pretty much narrowed down to either the Protek or Snowglide (afl?). Leaning toward the protek given what sounds to be easier use/setup and one can't overlook the significant cost savings between the two machines. I know a few people here have and use them and so far heard nothing but good things. Some newer and cheaper options are interesting, but hard to go away from tried and tested machines that can more than hold up to my usage needs (race dad).

Thoughts?

Sponsor

Staff online