• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
I don't think the friendly pink cloud is going to win today's battle. The moon watches over things appx 5:30am.

IMG_1277.JPG

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Coincidentally, my POTD has a rainbow too. While not the best picture I've ever taken, it represents the relief many of us feel that the rain has arrived and the nearby fires are being quenched.

View attachment 26589

That is great to see. We were on Peak 7 shortly before the fire started.

My nephew is headed out there soon -- is the bike path from Breck to Frisco open?

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
That is great to see. We were on Peak 7 shortly before the fire started.

My nephew is headed out there soon -- is the bike path from Breck to Frisco open?

I think the rec path is open. It is pretty much next to the highway the whole way; it doesn't go deep into the woods. The area of the Peak 2 fire is still closed to hiking and biking.

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
10 Mile Range

View attachment 26591
I think the rec path is open. It is pretty much next to the highway the whole way; it doesn't go deep into the woods. The area of the Peak 2 fire is still closed to hiking and biking.

Thanks - that's kind of what I thought. The path really doesn't go into the woods until you get closer to Frisco.

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
VAIL.jpg

I always have happy memories of this area of Vail Village. When I was a kid we stayed at The Lodge at Vail (on the right) and I remember swimming at the pool with my sister. When our son was a baby he loved going down these steps in his stroller -- they are spaced just right.

Every time I am in Vail Village I need to walk this short path.

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Coincidentally, my POTD has a rainbow too. While not the best picture I've ever taken, it represents the relief many of us feel that the rain has arrived and the nearby fires are being quenched.

View attachment 26589

Dang Doug - I've said it before - you have one of the best views in Breck!

patmoore

Septuagenarian Snowboard/Ski Racer
Skier
The days are getting shorter.....

Here's a shot I took at Winter Park a few years ago at the NASTAR Nationals Race of Champions. It's Lower Hughes - Skiers Left and has a pronounced sideways tilt. Racing that course on a snowboard was fun but challenging.

413464965.jpg

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
nice to see someone else is still doing it - slalom skiers are getting rarer up here

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
There was a little thunderstorm around here this morning. Opened the door to take it in a little bit and this happened; not telephotoed, it was this close.
It scared the crap out of me!

20170729_122340_resized.jpg

Sponsor