• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Patio Culture?

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
So it was a glorious day today on the hill and when it got a bit too sloppy around 2pm I decided to make it a bit too sloppy on the patio at the lodge. The local bump has a place nearby called Quayles Brewery and they have a lovely Moonstone Lager and Silver Lining black lager on tap at the hill. I go out pull some chairs around for the wife and kids and it was myself, my wife and two old ski folks having a pint on the patio. And there were probably only a dozen people on the patio. What's your experience? Is it just me feeling like the patio is over?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We have a nice stamped concrete patio at SkiTalk Central. Patios started getting less popular with the advent of decks but there is an old school feel of a nice patio.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Caribou deck was packed Friday at Tremblant. Heaters were going later.
At Tremblant, the Plaza St. Bernard has 4 large patio's attached to bars. Drinking alcohol not on those patios, is worthy of a nice little fine and lost of said beverage. Travel mugs are advised!

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
At Lake Louise Temple Lodge every Saturday in March and April, it’s been an absolute party on their patio. Lots of people dancing, playing volleyball or chilling in bean bag chairs with local DJs playing fantastic sets. Could hear the music from the top of Larch and Ptarmigan.
The main, front side patio playing internet radio the same day seemed boring in comparison.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
49*North is putting the sun deck to its best use this spring. Last weekend was a big seafood boil, this weekend is BBQ, local beers, and music.
It is good to see traditions continue.

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
At Lake Louise Temple Lodge every Saturday in March and April, it’s been an absolute party on their patio. Lots of people dancing, playing volleyball or chilling in bean bag chairs with local DJs playing fantastic sets. Could hear the music from the top of Larch and Ptarmigan.
The main, front side patio playing internet radio the same day seemed boring in comparison.
That's what I'm talking about! So it's just the lumps at my hill apparently.. :roflmao:

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
My local hill added an outdoor heated grill and bar 4 years ago and another heated outside bar/grill in the tubing area.
When the sun is out, it is a great place to sit and watch.

1710333943560.png
1710334001898.png

Sponsor

Staff online