• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Partial ACL Tear..and more :(

Ziggy

Lead Dog
Admin
I've been having some issues with my rear left leg for nearly a week. @Philpug and @Tricia have been giving me aspirin, which I love because they've been hiding it in a treat, but my leg wasn't feeling much better.

Yesterday they took me to see Dr Kris at Kings Row Pet Hospital. I don't like going to the hospital, but it was okay because they gave me a treat and petted me a LOT.

20799838_10158989134905018_4137532772254070259_n.jpg

Dr Kris did an exam on me and determined that I have a partial ACL tear. Tricia sent a message to Dr @bbinder to share all of this information, which is great because he's my favorite Doctor. I'm not sure what he said because Tricia doesn't tell me everything.

Here is a Youtube video of the exam Dr Kris did...

For the next two weeks I'm not allowed to use the dog door, because there's a step on the other side and it may aggravate my knee. I'm not allowed to take hikes on rough terrain, and I can't jump, which is a real bummer because I like to jump on the bed to let Tricia and Phil know its breakfast time in the morning.

I can take walks on flat surfaces like sidewalks and paved trails, so I'll still be getting some exercise, which is good because they weighed me at 46.6 lbs and told me that I need to lose some weight.

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
Might be good exercise for Phil to hoist you onto the bed, Ziggy. Of course, that would mean he'd have to wake YOU up. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Good luck in the recovery Ziggy!

TS
Ziggy

Ziggy

Lead Dog
Admin
Well its been a little over a week since my diagnosis. I've spent the week on both pain killers and muscle relaxers. I've been going on light walks, which are pretty tiresome.
The muscle relaxers were making me pretty dopy so I'm glad I'm off those (took the last one yesterday).
I got to go visit @DoryBreaux and @Tori a few nights ago. That was awesome because Tori rubbed my belly a LOT!

I made the mistake of going under the seat of the car on the way home and twisted my leg a bit when I got out so my knee is really sore.
I hope I didn't do damage.
IMG_5743.JPG
IMG_5744.JPG

Today is national dog day so @Tricia got me some new rawhide bones. I'm in Dog Heaven!

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Ziggy may be overfed at 46.6 lbs.
This dog in Houston doesn't want to starve during the current flood. Found bag of food and brought it home !

43A645B300000578-4830248-image-m-39_1503931509953.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-28_18-21-7.jpeg
    upload_2017-8-28_18-21-7.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 10

SkiSpeed

Getting off the lift
Skier
Hey Zippy,

Hope you are feeling better and remember to listen to the Dr. and follow your rehab protocol to the letter. You'll be up and running again before you know it!!!

TS
Ziggy

Ziggy

Lead Dog
Admin
I was back at the vet today, mostly because I still don't have much energy, I don't feel like eating and I'm not my usual peppy self.
They did some tests and said that I have diabetes.
I'll talk more about that later, but Phil and Tricia are talking to Dr @bbinder and @UGASkiDawg (his dog Cooper is diabetic) so that they get some good idea of what kind of attention I'll be needing.

PS. I don't like needles.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh Ziggy Ziggy Ziggy Ziggy can't you see, sometimes your words just hypnotize me.

Feel better soon. Sorry to hear of this run of bad luck.

va_deb

Getting on the lift
Skier
OMG, Ziggy. So sorry to hear all this. Tell your mom and dad to PM me with more info since our awesome AARP-aged Beagle Basenji Husky-something mix, Lexie, had to deal with a lot of similar things because she had a tumor on her leg.

We had all kinds of restrictions with stairs, getting her in and out of the car, and more. And eventually Lexie became a Tripawd. It was rough going after surgery for a while, but we changed her diet and did some holistic treatments and she started getting her energy back. And acting like a puppy again. Do you know what a Tripawd Cougar is, Ziggy?

:wag:

Check out this video. Lexie is in the red. Once you get the right combo of treatments for your new diagnosis I bet you will feel even better like she did. Happy healing to you! Woofs and kisses from our pack.

TS
Ziggy

Ziggy

Lead Dog
Admin
Do you know what a Tripawd Cougar is, Ziggy?
What is a Tripawd Cougar?
Oh Ziggy Ziggy Ziggy Ziggy can't you see, sometimes your words just hypnotize me.

Feel better soon. Sorry to hear of this run of bad luck.
I'll still come to Colorado to play with Olli

Tell Cooper and Charlie I said Hi.

Time to stop drinking out of Phil's beer mug, Zig!
I prefer martinis

SkiSpeed

Getting off the lift
Skier
Ziggy,

This is rough news and I am sorry to hear it. At the same time, advances in medical care will help you to continue to enjoy all your activities! I know you are in good hands w/Phil and Tricia so trust them and you'll be fine. Hang in there and one last thing, you are one photogenic guy (fancy word for you look good in your pics!).... Woof!

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
Wow, the prescription dog food is really good, and the shot didn't bother me so much. I already feel tons better.
This will be okay!
:thumb::yahoo:

It's amazing how much of a difference you see once you start getting the insulin! You'll be back to your old self in a day or two Ziggy!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
:thumb::yahoo:

It's amazing how much of a difference you see once you start getting the insulin! You'll be back to your old self in a day or two Ziggy!

The insulin has helped a ton for him but he is still not back his old self, there is no pep in his step. We hope that will change as time goes on.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The insulin has helped a ton for him but he is still not back his old self, there is no pep in his step. We hope that will change as time goes on.
The degree of feeling better will vary from dog to dog (same as for people, I suppose). Getting his blood glucose down even a little will help him feel better, but he will feel his best when his blood glucose gets down to the normal range and his diabetes is well regulated. Precise regulation can take a few weeks to attain, so patience and persistence is key here. Obviously, I'd like to see a steady improvement. But you know all this.

Sponsor

Staff online