• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

OK, it's a white elephant in so many ways - but is it OK to want?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Rare Custom Triplet Trike Tandem

00s0s_yihlJgasLw_600x450.jpg

Here you have a biker dream project that was obsessed over for four years while his kids were young. Originally started as a triplet tandem, but then a 6-spd adult trike was purchased to use for the rear.

All parts were purchased: sugino tandem cranksets, honey brown Brooks-type saddles, matching velo Orange grips, seatposts, pedals, front avid vbrake, rear drum, front/rear fenders, new kenda high pressure tires, XT headset, stems, cables, 2 eccentric bottom brackets, 1 regular bottom bracket, ...and a cool vintage metal cooler to mount in the rear....too much to list.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
One year when I was riding RAGBRAI there was a guy with a Santana Quad bike. He had three different women riding it with him every single day. It's OK to want that bike.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was in Baker City, OR a few years back. Stayed in a motel and outside next room was a 4-person bike, with frame getting smaller and smaller towards the back wheel. Happened to see the people going in and out and engaged them in conversation. They were a couple with two boys, something like 8 & 10. The family had ridden that bike all the way across country from the East coast -- four people, panniers front and back, that's it. Took them like 2 months. I was agog.

Rio

Putting on skis
Skier
I was in Baker City, OR a few years back. Stayed in a motel and outside next room was a 4-person bike, with frame getting smaller and smaller towards the back wheel. Happened to see the people going in and out and engaged them in conversation. They were a couple with two boys, something like 8 & 10. The family had ridden that bike all the way across country from the East coast -- four people, panniers front and back, that's it. Took them like 2 months. I was agog.

Agog by the family riding a four seater across the country or that you were in Baker City, Oregon? Both are understandable.

tch

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I liked Baker City -- or what I saw of it. I grew up in the midwest and appreciate small towns in remote places.
And there was a GREAT ice cream place that stayed open late.

Rio

Putting on skis
Skier
Baker City is in a scenic area with pleasant weather but its located in a part of the nation few people live in or visit. People passing by on I-84 are usually rushing to or from Portland & Seattle and never bat an eye.

tch

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was driving the scenic route with my family after rafting the Middle Fork of the Salmon. I had friends in Portland and wanted see the Wallowas on the way.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
You might consider one of these to pay for any modifications you might want to make on your 'White Elephant'.

Found this one at a street fair in a small town in Washington a few years ago, it might still be there.

upload_2016-12-15_12-41-22.png

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I suspect you already know that ^that^ is one of the most common DIY construction videos on the sheep tube.