• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

NYC - End of Season Get Together

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
Boo Hoo...The season is coming to an end for many of us....So let's drink alcohol!
Let's tell stories about this season and start planning for the next...and drink more alcohol. Maybe we can also throw in some wings...

Calling all NYC Area people for drinks at a bar:

• Monday April 3
• 6:30/7pm-ish
http://www.oldtownbar.com/visit.html

be there or be square.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That's such a good idea. Hope you get some people to come out.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We will be in New York that day!!!! Wait, Albany though....Come to Stowe!!!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Over? The season's not over! Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor?

Vermont is still going strong! There's a Mother's Day Gathering to attend!

Movie Quotes to Ski Quotes...

Over? The seasons not over!! Was it over when Mad River Glen closed the gondola???

TS
Pumba

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
DARN....that would be so cool if you could be there for drinks....It is a bit odd meeting other skiers in the city - in our pedestrian clothes. So out of our element...surrounded by buildings instead of mountains and trees.

Also, I lied. My season is not totally over. I've been in withdrawal since getting back from Whistler, so I'm going to Stowe this weekend and trying to figure out how to get to Tahoe in mid-April. @KevinF, will you be in Stowe this weekend? If so, let's have a reunion. This will be my first visit.
...If there is still snow, Mother's Day gathering is a possibility. But do you allow intermediates to attend that event?

k

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Over? The season's not over! Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor?

Vermont is still going strong! There's a Mother's Day Gathering to attend!

What a great idea! Move the party to Stowe!!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
DARN....that would be so cool if you could be there for drinks....It is a bit odd meeting other skiers in the city - in our pedestrian clothes. So out of our element...surrounded by buildings instead of mountains and trees.

Also, I lied. My season is not totally over. I've been in withdrawal since getting back from Whistler, so I'm going to Stowe this weekend and trying to figure out how to get to Tahoe in mid-April. @KevinF, will you be in Stowe this weekend? If so, let's have a reunion. This will be my first visit.
...If there is still snow, Mother's Day gathering is a possibility. But do you allow intermediates to attend that event?

k

Have you been to Arapahoe Basin? Intermediates are absolutely a part of our crowd!
We have a ton of fun. The mountain is a big mountain but is also a small mountain so we never seem to lose one another. Its a total blast for everyone and anyone.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
@KevinF, will you be in Stowe this weekend? If so, let's have a reunion. This will be my first visit.

Do bears shit in the woods?
Does the sun rise in the East?

Hit me up if you want the tour or just to grab a beer after.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Two suggestions-

let's drink in Albany for those who can't make the VT gathering or at a ski area that may still be open.

I think ski tales are better told at a lodge

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
:huh:
Are we talking about skiing or drinking ability?
Interemdiate skiers are welcome. Intermediate drinkers? Well you won't be once you leave. @Pumba, you have to meet @DSloan, she was you before you were you. Infectious smile and threw herself down everything.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Are you looking for people to lead clinics?
We are well staffed in both traditional and non tradition methods.

PSIAg: Pour Scotch In A glass

PMTS: Pour More Tequila Soon

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
TS
Pumba

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
Woohoo, @KevinF, I'd love a tour... I still have your number. I'll be in touch Friday night....

As for Mother's Day...I am considering it. Never been to A-Basin. I'm a pretty advanced/expert level drinker at sea-level. Up in that elevation, I might need to take some lessons.

k

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Woohoo, @KevinF

As for Mother's Day...I am considering it. Never been to A-Basin. I'm a pretty advanced/expert level drinker at sea-level. Up in that elevation, I might need to take some lessons.

k
We always found that it is best to hit the ground running (or drinking) in this case. Shock the liver at altitude so to say..that combined with repeated sessions in the hot tub...what could go wrong? Check your dignity at the door, it will be there for safe keeping until you head back.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
k

You'll be fine so long as you watch out for a) slough from drinkers above you b) isothermal conditions (uniform drink temperature top to bottom) and so long as you don't get too forward :thumb:ogsmile

Reactions: mdf
TS
Pumba

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
Just bumping this up, as we're getting together this coming Monday.

DAY: Monday April 3
TIME: 6:30pm
PLACE: Old Town (upstairs), 45 East 18th Street @ Broadway

TS
Pumba

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hola.This is today! Come on down!
So far, there will be 5 of us there.

Sponsor

Staff online