• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Northstar Snowboard Incident.

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
My experience has been that ski resorts really go DEFCON 3 when guests have an altercations with each other. We were at the Jay Peak Water Park last summer having a good time and this kid, a stranger, maybe 11-12 years old, out of nowhere slaps my 26 year old son across the face and says "get me a beer bitch!" Then he pulled the "I'm a kid, you can't do anything about it" card.

I mean what do you do in a situation like that? Lucky for the kid, my son held his temper and got the lifeguards involved and then all sorts of front office people followed up. I credit JP for handling things pretty well and quickly.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
I don't really see the issue. If an assault has taken place, you contact the police and they investigate. If there is sufficient evidence they press charges. It's not that complicated. If no charges are laid I wonder about the veracity of the story in general. If you pop anyone in a line anywhere without cause, you generally go to jail for that. If you've been assaulted and the police refuse to charge the person I don't think the ski pass is your first concern..

Placer County Sheriff has an ongoing active investigation now.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This incident has been a really interesting case study of sociology and the affect social media now plays on the public. The comment section of her blog are gold... and terrifying. Ready, FIRE, aim!
Brilliant!
Really the stuff that bad sitcoms are made of.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This incident has been a really interesting case study of sociology and the affect social media now plays on the public. The comment section of her blog are gold... and terrifying. Ready, FIRE, aim!

Actually it appears to be FIRE, FIRE, FIRE!

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It's interesting watching this window into part of our culture appear. Frighteningly interesting.

It's just like a Ski Mom to bring a knife to a gunfight (Welsh accent).

TS
Fair Wages

Fair Wages

Booting up
Skier
So... Anyone want to venture a guess why this went almost a full month before she went public?

Can come up with many speculative theories on this. She contacted the police and filed a report right away. Couldn't tell the time frame that her communication with Northstar took place, but maybe she was hoping for a different response/outcome with them and only chose to go public when she wasn't happy with their response. I know that with the Fair Wages campaign, we kept that in house at Vail for way more than a month and only went public after making little traction with the in house approach.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Can come up with many speculative theories on this. She contacted the police and filed a report right away. Couldn't tell the time frame that her communication with Northstar took place, but maybe she was hoping for a different response/outcome with them and only chose to go public when she wasn't happy with their response. I know that with the Fair Wages campaign, we kept that in house at Vail for way more than a month and only went public after making little traction with the in house approach.

If you go to her blog, she shows e-mails (no idea if it is all of the e-mails) that are dated between when the incident happend and when she went public.

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Stuff that goes viral on social media doesn't provide wisdom or truth. Its like a new take on the Rorschach test.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Placer County Police are on this now...I am sure some truth will come out.I wonder how Boulder Gear and the other sponsors feel about dance mom gone wild.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah...the police are expert at figuring things out.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Yeah...the police are expert at figuring things out.

Better than random people on the internet with third hand knowledge.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Better than random people on the internet with third hand knowledge.
Based on my personal experiences...no. But then I've had guns pointed at me 3 times without cause. 8 guns.

I'd actually prefer random people on the Internet.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Based on my personal experiences...no. But then I've had guns pointed at me 3 times without cause. 8 guns.

I'd actually prefer random people on the Internet.

I can understand that.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Soon.

Jeff N

I'm an anachronism
Skier
A cursory google search doesn't reflect any update on this. The police would have access to the name of the other party involved, and could certainly obtain his side of the story. The lack of action is suggestive.

I can't help but read a lot into the fact that she was contacting VR not to release information about the person she purports to have perpetrated an unprovoked assault on her, but instead, her primary ask was to be allowed back on VR properties for a Breck trip. All I can say is that my priorities would be different, and if this story played out the way she states, I would be much more focused on the actions of the actual person.

If this happened as she reports? They wouldn't need to ban me because I would be so angry I wouldn't be able to bring myself to have anything to do with that company ever again. Personally, I would also be inclined to explore legal remedies, and those would likely be impaired if I was to make very public claims about what took place.

None of this means this did or didn't happen, I just can't help but notice that the ways I would react in this case appear to be different than how this person is reacting.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Bump cos another North star fight just seems to have gone viral - did the truth ever come out? I note shredmom.com seems to return 404 errors so I'm guessing the whole stagemom didn't work out too well.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Bump cos another North star fight just seems to have gone viral - did the truth ever come out? I note shredmom.com seems to return 404 errors so I'm guessing the whole stagemom didn't work out too well.
I was just talking to @Andy Mink about this last Friday when we were taking the Vista lift and I noticed that there were two security guards standing near the lift line. I didn't see any sign of an incident but noticed the guards.