• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Negotiating the price of a CPO

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Remember what you get with a CPO, it usually is a warranty that surpasses the original factory one.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
My wife was sold on a Volvo XC60 until she drove the BMW X3. She'll live with either, but now I'm stuck researching two different cars.

I'm trying to figure out how much room for negotiation there is in these CPO's. Both would be low mileage '17s. All the BMW's are service loaners. They are "asking" $5-6k below sticker. Not sure how much room there is to negotiate. They are also offering 0.9% financing so I'm not sure if we want to pay cash.

Volvo is asking closer to $10k off sticker, so I feel a little better there, even before negotiating. Volvo's CPO warranty seems better too.

I've looked on some of the car forums, but every thread turns into a helmet thread.
Try to sell or trade in your used car to the dealer, "Cars depreciate 50% the moment you drive them off the lot!". Try to buy the dealer's used cars, and make mon mistake, these ARE used cars, "$5k off the sticker price." Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Sponsor

Staff online