• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Need help choosing a new boot bag

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
I don't believe that the math allows a truly legit, fits in the box, carry on size that would hold a pair of men's ski boots and a helmet all together.

22"X16"X9" is basically a pair of boots L to inverted L with only a little space remaining for some soft items..

I was once on a plane sitting in a row with a dude that bought a seat for his banjo case. Anyone ever buy a seat for their boots??

Which is exactly the way the boots fit inside the Salomon Go-to-ski bag. I don't put the helmet in mine as I need space for camera and laptop.

L38261800.jpg

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
How could you not want a heated boot bag, my old heated bag quit after 7 seasons and I did not think I could make it another day with out one , lucky for me I found one on ebags on sale, It saved my season!!!!!!! Do you use it for a carry on???

I'm not opposed to a heated bag just thought it was a bell/whistle I didn't necessarily need. I would use it as a carry on.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
L38261800.jpg

^^^ I had a Hanson boot bag similar to that from the 80s through the 90s before it finally fell apart. It was perfect for carry on, fit in the box just right. I even used it for other stuff, a case of beer once hahaha.. Gotta make sure the boots are pretty dry before putting them in that. Muddy water splashes all around inside when both boot soles aren't on the bottom of the bag. It's a price you pay for a true carry on without juggling boots around at the gate and again on the plane.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Is there such a bag that allows the boots to. hang from the outside but also holds them inside for air travel or am I looking at 2 different bags.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
^^^ Way too big to carry on. You should be able to check it though..

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I have this Full Tilt Boot Pack. $75. I bought it specifically to use as a carry-on bag. It even fits in the overhead bins on smaller regional jets, provided the helmet isn't in the outer zipper storage. That said, I mostly don't travel by air, it's my everyday boot bag and I've had it for 2+ years. The construction is pretty good and it doesn't have any obvious spots where a strap might break.

Line sells the identical product, for a few dollars more for some reason.

Side view
IMG_0904.JPG

Back view.
IMG_0903.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0042.PNG
    IMG_0042.PNG
    490.5 KB · Views: 21

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have this Full Tilt Boot Pack. $75. I bought it specifically to use as a carry-on bag. It even fits in the overhead bins on smaller regional jets, provided the helmet isn't in the outer zipper storage. That said, I mostly don't travel by air, it's my everyday boot bag and I've had it for 2+ years. The construction is pretty good and it doesn't have any obvious spots where a strap might break.

Line sells the identical product, for a few dollars more for some reason.

Side view
View attachment 18953
Back view.
View attachment 18952
I find if I wear my helmet on the plane, I am assured to get the whole row to myself.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I packed my helmet in my checked luggage bag, with a bunch of smaller items stuffed inside the helmet.

Wearing the helmet on the plane is a good idea, never know when I might slip and hit my head on a tray or arm rest. Or get into a fight and need to head-butt someone.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
The second one is THE way to go for daily use. I have been told it will fit as a carry-on, but I have been to chicken to try. I just pull out heating element and put that in a carry-on sized bag to use for flying.

The second one is amazing but so much more expensive so think I'm going for the first one. Great reviews on the first one too and plenty attest to its ability to fit in overhead compartments on airplanes.

Both are great bags and I wish I could buy both.

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
In preparing for a multi-stop trip, I was challenged for space, but also needed to carry a curling iron. @Jenny suggested that, in addition to
I find if I wear my helmet on the plane, I am assured to get the whole row to myself.

and
Put tin foil on the helmet for the full effect.

I swing or carry the curling iron in my hand through the airport. But I was afraid they might mistake it for a weapon. Maybe if I talked into it as I walked along ....

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
In preparing for a multi-stop trip, I was challenged for space, but also needed to carry a curling iron. @Jenny suggested that, in addition to

and

I swing or carry the curling iron in my hand through the airport. But I was afraid they might mistake it for a weapon. Maybe if I talked into it as I walked along ....
Pretty sure I was full of all sorts of helpful suggestions!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Put tin foil on the helmet for the full effect.
But wait till you board though, no way in
The second one is amazing but so much more expensive so think I'm going for the first one. Great reviews on the first one too and plenty attest to its ability to fit in overhead compartments on airplanes.

Both are great bags and I wish I could buy both.
It is more expensive..because it's worth it. I have had mine 5 years and beat the daylights out of it and it still performs awesome.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier

Sponsor

Staff online