• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pacific NW/AK/BC Mt Hood for the Summer Fun Nationals

CharlieP

Putting on skis
Skier
Aug 11, 2017

Hi Doug:

You were correct, when I was there late April 2016, the Palmer lift was not open. Although, the complete lift line (lower terminal, top terminal, terminal towers) were all visible when one got off the Magic Mile Chair. Following is a website which includes many well done, clear pictures of the Palmer lift. I've pasted pictures of the lower terminal, mid terminal and upper terminal to this posting. However, the website has many more pictures of lift as well as summer ski camp terrain. Timberline, Mt Hood, indeed a precious jewel for summer skiing/racing and a last hurrah of the season.

https://liftblog.com/palmer-express-timberline-lodge-or/

Think snow,

CP

ps: thanks for taking the time and making the effort of including both our pictures for comparison purposes. if one makes an effort to distinguish, it is clear that my picture was taken roughly one and half lift tower higher up than yours. note the twin pine trees on the left edge of our pictures as well as the single pine tree to the right of the twin pine tree. :) :) :) note the humongous difference between snowback in the two pictures. one taken late April, one taken mid July, albeit for different ski seasons.

Attachments

• LowerTerminal.PNG
    LowerTerminal.PNG
    598.2 KB · Views: 6
  • LowerTerminal2.PNG
    LowerTerminal2.PNG
    672.1 KB · Views: 6
  • MidTerminal.PNG
    MidTerminal.PNG
    609.3 KB · Views: 7
  • UpperTerminal.PNG
    UpperTerminal.PNG
    708.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
And one of the saddest photo from 2015. Lets hope we never see this again !!!

palmer2.jpg

TS
Doug Briggs

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
That's what I was looking for. (pictures of covered lift)

Last edited:

Sponsor