Moxie Benefit Ski Collection Liquidation Auction

Discussion in 'Phil's Garage Sale and Ski Swap' started by Lowell Watson, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Lowell Watson

Lowell Watson L3, L4, and adventure cat Pete Skier

Hello all Skiers and Collectors!

Moxie, my 8 year old German Shorthaired Pointer, had emergency surgery on New Years eve to repair a torn ligament in his spine along with a hemilaminectomy on his T12-T13 disks and removal of chronic herniations on 5 other disks. This came on very suddenly and my 90mph dog went to barely walking in 24 hours. Luckily we were able to get him the right care quick enough that he is expected to make a full recovery in 8-10 weeks. We finally were able to bring Moxie home from the Angell Memorial Hospital in Boston tonight and he was wagging his tail as he entered the house and found his bed and a place to lay out and relax.

The road to recovery will be long, but we are just so thankful that the problem was something that could be repaired and that his rabbit and squirrel hunting lifestyle will only be on hiatus for 2 months. However, the cost was just north of $6200, COD. So to pay back all those who were so generous in helping me to get the money we needed to save Moxie, I have decided to sell off my collection, memorabilia, and ski gear to help cover the cost.

Here is the plan: 7 day silent auction of everything in the body of this thread and on the attached PDF spreadsheet. PM me your bid and what it is you want, and next Monday, January 10, 2016 I will notify the highest bidder and organize the shipping. I am doing this here and on Epicski.com to reach the most viewers and because I would rather not see it lost on ebay or CL. I also chose the auction format because, other than a few items of real value, the retro stuff is only worth what it is worth to you. (freight too)

What do I have: TREASURES OFCOURSE!! Those who know me have seen the multitude of posts of retro and vintage gear that I have amassed over the past decade or so. I have found, trash picked, bought, traded and stalked most of these items, many of which have come from the great members of Epicski.com and Pugski.com. Also listed is some vintage clothing, binding jigs, and even my current daily drivers. The Excel sheet is the entire collection, but listed below is the cream of the crop and is more accurately described. If you have questions about anything, just ask and I will promptly respond. I have posted pictures of most of this stuff, so look at the pictures on my profile both here and at Epic.

A final request: I am happy to do anything for Moxie and this is the closest to a rainy day fund I have. I hope to one day resume my hunt for the retro gear, and in that vein, I would like to request right of first refusal on a few items if you ever decide to sell or trade your purchase. This is a passion of mine, it is just on hold for a while. (and the Spalding buyers, call it a low interest loan. You will be my first calls when I am up and running again.)

As I wrap it up, Moxie is doing his best to get up and let me know that it is time to go out and pee one more time before bed.
    I will be posting glamour shots of Moxie as well as photos on the road to recovery.

Thank you all for your friendship and support.
    IMG_0986.JPG

Undrilled and NOS
    Fischer Superglass RSL 210 red/white (thanks @cantunamunch)
    Fischer RC4 Vacuum RS 200 "McClaren" supercars? white/red
    Spalding Alfa 120 180cm
    Hart F17 1997 model 195
    Hart Javelin Ti REPRO 198
    Head Radial Electra Twaron 200
    Diawa GLM 1500 kids 130

Downhill and Super G
    Volkl Renn Tiger 1975 DH 220 (nearly new)
    Fischer ALU 223 DH
    Fischer RC4 DH R40 212
    Blizzard Thermo DH 223 white/pink
    Spalding Squadra Corse SG 212
    Rossignol Strato 215cm
    Blizzard Olympic Firebird DH 215 Silver/red (thanks @Royal)
    DH SG.jpg

The Best Stuff I have put a lot of work into the following group of skis. All base and epoxy work if needed, Stone grind with double diagonal structure, sharpen, de-tune, hot wax and brush. These are all mounted to a 323mm boot. The tunes are worth more than the skis :eek:
    Olin MK V 200
    Olin Extreme Comp 200
    Fischer Imperator 205
    Dynastar Omeglass 200 (thanks @bob in carmel)
    Spalding Starboard 210
    Dynastar S430 210
    Dynastar Course GS 207
    Dynastar Vertical 200
    Dynastar Course SL 200
    Kastle CPM Grand Prix 205 NOS Mounted by me
    K2 Three 204 no yellowing
    Lange LC 204
    Fresh Grinds 1.jpg
    Volkl P40 FI 183
    Fischer RC4 RSL 200
    HExcel Sundance 203
    HExcel Competition 200
    HExcel Splittail 200
    Fischer C4 cut 66 200
    Rosignol Strato 102 200
    Kastle Ice 195
    Rossignol ST 650 200
    Fresh grinds 2.jpg
    Bomber Stealth 176 (my daily drivers...Awesome)
    Atomic Super RS Bionic 215
    Dynamic VR17 SL 207
    Lange Banshee 207 (The only retro ski I have tried out of all the fresh grind skis) AWESOME
    Dynastar Course GS 200
    THE TSR 200
    Dynamic VR27 Geant 207
    Fresh grinds 3.jpg

JIGS
    Jigs.jpg

Kastle K2.jpg

One of the Piles
    Pile 1.jpg

The above mentioned and the rest is on the following attached PDF

****I tried to limit the Errors, but there is a chance that I have made 1 or 2, so ask questions***

Attached Files:

2. coskigirl

coskigirl Out on the slopes Skier

I have no need for any of the gear but would like to make a small donation to Moxie in honor of my Milo who I lost after almost 18 years in March. Dog or cat, they are precious to our hearts. Would you share a paypal address?

Lowell Watson, crgildart and Tricia like this.
  3. Lowell Watson

Alpine sweaters. I am 6'0" 180lbs. The first 2 are true vintage. My dad bought them from a fellow ski bum in Vail in 1969 for $30. The guy needed gas $ to head back east! They are heavier than a Dale and the itchy wool, but awesome on a spring day. The third is the Dale from the 2002 SLC Olympics. 1/4zip and seal at bottom of zipper. Better pics on request.
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

4. Lowell Watson

image.jpeg
    Not the best posture, but standing and eating
    image.jpeg
    Yikes!
    image.jpeg image.jpeg
    "Thats all I have to say about posing for pictures dad!"

Pat AKA mustski, coskigirl and Katie like this.
  5. Monique

Monique bounceswoosh Skier

I'm with Ms. Ski Girl. I would also like to make a small donation. I've been there - well, not quite there, but I spent $3k on my cat Oscar, RIP, in one week. But I didn't see it as a choice, and I'm sure you didn't, either, when your pup needed surgery.

My pups Loki and Cooper are rooting for Moxie. Okay, no, they are curled up on their dog beds and don't have a clue how good they have it, but if they knew about Moxie and thought beyond their stomachs, I'm sure they'd be rooting for Moxie.

Lowell Watson likes this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy Lead Dog Admin

Moxie,

From one dog to another...I feel your pain. I hope we can run together some time. I will talk @Philpug and @Tricia to find something they want so we can contribute.

Ziggy.

7. Lowell Watson

Thanks for the well wishes. Moxie decided to get up at 5:00am today for a walk. Best early wake up ever! He is also starting to get his perkiness back

I'm adding to the list an item for sale:
    2016 Salomon XMax 130 28.5 NEW BOOTS. First pair of new boots in 20 years, got for 55% off on the shop hookup page for $382.50. MSRP IS $850. If interested go try some on at your local shop. They are top of the line with cokable shells and liners. Yellow

8. bbinder

bbinder Out on the slopes Skier

It sounds like Moxie is in good hands and glad to hear that the prognosis is good.

Lowell Watson and Philpug like this.
  9. Katie

Katie At the base lodge Skier

My Simon and I ( Simon is my 2 yr old German Shorthair Pointer ) would like to donate. Although I love all your vintage gear, I haven't anywhere to store any of it at this time. But I support downhill skiing and GSPs!!! Let me know if there is a GoFund me acct or Paypal or something!!! Best Wishes!!!!!! Katie

10. Ron

Ron AKA Finndog Pugski Ski Tester

Me too! Can you you setup an email that I and others can PP you a donation?

11. Lowell Watson

Thank you all for the outpouring of support for Moxie. Today he seemed to turn a corner, he was more energetic on out little walks, nearly tugging on the leash. His gait has shown a little improvement, but the return of his cheerful attitude means the world to us.

Being riddled with ADD, I may have been a little forgetful and sketchy when it came to the details. So I will answer all questions and make additions and clarifications if necessary. My ski "fun money" account, now the Moxie account is my email: [email protected]

Again, thank you all for the support and well wishes for Moxie. PLEASE do bid on the stuff in the auction. I want people to get some good stuff, and Moxie said it was cool as long as he can continue to co-pilot on future ski hunts when I resume collecting (insert dog head slobbering out truck window emoji)

Another addition: I made about 35 ski coat racks and forgot them in Maine last year. Don't worry, they were all too far gone I'm too many ways. But they are all cool Retro skis and come in a variety of lengths. There are a couple full lengths, but mostly are halves or sections. I will post pictures tomorrow. They all have wood pegs and are derusted and detuned. Some I got real crafty and used an old Look toe on one end as a hook. My son and I had a fun time making them. At least he liked the hammering parts. I think they are worth maybe $15-20? Those are first come first serve as PM's come in, just identify which one you want, or a length you want.

The tail is wagging again, so it might be time for a little walk. BRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
    :beercheer:
    Lowell and Moxie

12. coskigirl

coskigirl Out on the slopes Skier

Oh, man I hope to snag a coat rack but I'm in meetings all day tomorrow with my new boss.

13. Lowell Watson

image.jpeg
    First batch. The rest are in the same vein.

VickiK and Pat AKA mustski like this.
  14. Tricia

Tricia The Velvet Hammer Admin Pugski Ski Tester

Philpug and Lowell Watson like this.
  15. cegerer

cegerer CJE911 Skier

Lowell, do you have any bindings separately? Specifically, Marker M4, M4-15, M30, Rotamat FD, SSR, etc. and/or other 70s/early 80s racing bindings?

16. Lowell Watson

I have all of that but the FDR's kicking around among others. I will try to get a list going tonight. Stand by...

17. Lowell Watson

image.jpeg
    I would say this is the first sign of things returning to normal...10 minutes ago he lumbered up onto the couch and resumed the position on Bridget's lap. He will probably need help down (since the doc said no stairs for a week) but his mood and ambition is admirable.

Philpug, VickiK, pete and 6 others like this.
  18. Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot Vintage Gear Curator Industry Insider

REMINDER!!! Get you auction bids in before the end of the day tomorrow, SUNDAY January 10

Some great gear and an awesome cause. It's all for you Moxie! :)

19. Philpug

Philpug Gathermeister--Utah Admin Pugski Ski Tester

Lets go!!! For Moxie!!!

20. Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot Vintage Gear Curator Industry Insider

Final bump! A couple hours left.

Lowell Watson, Tricia and Philpug like this.