• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Movie Quotes to Ski Quotes

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
From Annie Hall:

At the Ski-cologist's office:

Spouse 1: I hardly ever buy skis, maybe three four pair a season...

Spouse 2: (S)he buys skis constantly, maybe three four pair a season...

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
[All in jest . . . @Ron is a great guy].

"Glengarry Glen Ross"

Ron: You're talking about what. You're talking about . . . bitching about that line he poached, some bro-brah when you wouldn't drop in, some ski-bunny you're trying to screw, so forth. Let's talk about something important. They all here?

@Philpug: Most from Epicski
Ron: I'm going anyway. Let's talk about something important. Put. That wax. Down. Wax is for skier's only. You think I'm fucking with you? I am not fucking with you. I'm here from the Boat. I'm here from Chute 3 and Weasel Trees. I'm here on a mission of mercy. Your name's JeffB? You call yourself a skier you son of a bitch?

JeffB: I don't gotta sit here and listen to this shit.

Ron: You certainly don't flatlander, cause the good news is - you suck. The bad news is - you've got, all of you flatlanders got just one week to regain your form starting with tonight. Starting with tonight's ski. Oh? Have I got your attention now. Good. Cause we're adding a little something to this week's gaper contest. As you know, first prize is MX89s. Anyone want to see second prize? Second prize is booster straps. Third prize is go home. Get the picture? You laughing now? You got skis. Rossi and Atomic made good skis, put their names on them to ski, you can't ski those skis because you can't ski shit. You are shit. Hit the Gondi download, pal, and beat it cause you are going HOME.

JeffB: The tails are weak.

Ron: The tails are weak? Fucking tails are weak. You're weak. I've been at this mountain for 15 years . . .

JeffB: What's your name?

Ron: Fuck you. That's my name. You know why, mister? You drove a rental Santa Fe to this mountain. I drove a Uni-Mog. THAT'S my name. And your name is you're skidding. You can't carve in the skier's game, you can't rail them. Go home and tell your wife your troubles. Because only one thing counts in this life: get them to carve on the rail. You hear me you fucking skidder? A-B-C. A-Always. B-Be. C-Carving. Always be carving. ALWAYS BE CARVING. A-I-D-A. Automatic. Independent. Dorsiflexion. Asshole. Do I have your attention? Are you interested? I know you are, cause it's carve or skid. You carve or you hit the greens. Have you made your decision to carve? A-I-D-A. Get out there - you got the groomer cats coming in. You think they came in to get out of the snow? A guy don't go on the groomers unless he wants to carve. They made that cord just waiting for you to carve something. Are you gonna carve it? Are you man enough to carve it? What's the problem, pal?

JeffB: You. You're such a carver. You put them on edge. How come you're coming down here wasting your time with skidders?

Ron: You see this edge? You see this bevel?

JeffB: Yeah.

Ron: This tune costs more than your skis. I bought 970 pairs of skis last season. How many did you buy? You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck you! Go over to Why Not and skid with your kids. You want to ski here? Carve! You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you torso-steerer? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on the lift? You don't like it, leave. I can go out tonight on the Atomics you got and carve railroad tracks. Tonight! In every turn! Can you? Can YOU? Go and do likewise. A-I-D-A. Get forward, you son of a bitch, get forward. You want to know what it takes to carve? It takes UPPER BODY SEPARATION to carve. Go and do likewise Jeff. Good snow is out there. You put it on edge, you carve. You don't, I got no sympathy for you. You want to go out on those skis tonight and carve, CARVE. It's yours. If not you're gonna be waxing my skis. And you know what you'll be saying, another skidder sulking in après. Oh yeah. I used to be a skier. It's a tough racket. These are the new skis. These are the Kastle skis. And to you they're gold, and you don't get them. Why? Because to give them to you is just throwing them away. They're for carvers. I'd wish you luck but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it. And to answer your question, pal, why am I here? I came here because Philpug and @Tricia asked me to. They asked me for a favor since you're rocking their stickers. I said the real favor, follow my advice and ban his ass because a skidder is a skidder.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Very. Well. Done! :hail:

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
"Hamlet"

To ski, or not to ski? That is the question -
Whether 'tis worth it this morning to shoulder
Through the throngs of tourists or to sleep in
And perchance grab a bagel, and after toasting,
Eat it. I sure do like whipped veggie
Cream. It's perfect in the morning. Sweet,
But somewhat healthy too. Gluten, what's that?
You say it makes me fatter? Bullshit. Bread
Is yummy. And if I ski I'll burn it off by 2.
Plus, this is not fat, it's just a dad bod,
It's all the rage - your sister told me true.
Ha Ha, only kidding, your sister sucks,
I agree with you. Coffee? I will make it,
That look scares me, I think I'll ski real soon.

[Next 14 lines belong to someone else]

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
From Ferris Bueller's Day Off

@Cyrus Schenck : What are we going to do with the skis next?

@Drahtguy Kevin : The question isn't "what are we going to do," the question is "what aren't we going to do?"

@Cyrus Schenck : Please don't say that we're not going to take the skis back to The Beach. Its time to chill and chat about what to do next.

@Drahtguy Kevin [to @Philpug ] If you had access to a ski like this, would you take them to The Beach right away?

[beat]

@Drahtguy Kevin : Neither would I.

Last edited:

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
The Princess Bride...
Inigo Montoya....Allo... My name is Inigo Montoya, you poached my line, prepare to die.

/QUOTE][
Damn! You stole my idea. Slipped it right outa my mind while I was sleeping and plopped it down on paper.

Last edited:

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
LEIA
moguls!

HAN
Oh, no! Chewie, set two-seven-
one.

LEIA
What are you doing? You're not
actually going into a mogul
field?

HAN
They'd be crazy to follow us,
wouldn't they?

LEIA
You don't have to do this to
impress me.

THREEPIO
Sir, the possibility of successfully
navigating a mogul field on GS skis is
approximately three thousand, seven
hundred and twenty to one.

HAN
Never tell me the odds!

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Forrest Gump: That day, for no particular reason, I decided to go for a ski. So I skied to the end of the run. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd ski to the bottom of the lift. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd just ski down to the village. And I figured, since I skied this far, maybe I'd just ski on down the mountain. And that's what I did. I skied clear on down the mountain. For no particular reason I just kept on going. I skinned up the next mountain. And when I got there, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well do it again. When I got to another mountain, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well just keep right on going to the next mountain.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Forrest Gump: One day it started snowing, and it didn't quit for four months. We been through every kind of snow there is. Little bitty stingin' graupel... and big ol' fat snowflakes. Snow that flew in sideways. And sometimes snow even seemed to come straight up from underneath. Shoot, it even snowed at night...

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Ron: I want you to kill every skidder on the mountain.

@dean_spirito: Check me if I'm wrong Ron, but if I kill all the skiers, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key...

Ron: Skidders, ya great git! Not skiers! The ones from Texas!

Dean Spirito: We can do that... we don't even have to have a reason.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Caddyshack:

@Doug Briggs: Let me tell you a little story? I once knew a guy who could have been a great skier, could have gone pro, all he needed was a little time and practice. Decided to go to PSIA Academy instead. Went for four years, did pretty well. At the end of his four years, while going for his level III he was kicked out... You know what for? He was mounting ski at night, just mounting at night with the fifteen-year-old daughter of the Examiner... You know who that guy was Dean?

@dean_spirito No.

Doug Briggs: Take one good guess.

Dean Spirito: @Weems Westfeldt ?

Doug Briggs: Ha ha... No, that guy was @Bill Talbot , my roommate. He was a good guy.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Annie Hall:

Those who can't ski, teach. Those who can't teach, instruct skiing..

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Dirty Harry:

Uh uh. I know what you're thinking. "Did he make all 70 gates, or only 69?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being these are Blizzard Magnums* on my feet, the most powerful non-FIS ski in the world and would blow you clean off the mountain, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

*okay, probably better choices, but ya gotta go with the (.44) magnums.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Liftie: Stop. Who would ride the single chair must answer me these questions three, ere the other side he see.

Bill Talbot: Ask me the questions, Liftie I am not afraid.

Liftie: What... is your name?

Bill Talbot: My name is Rossi Smash

Liftie: What... is your quest?

Bill Talbot: To ski the trail called Paradise.

Liftie: What... is your favourite binding?

Bill Talbot Look Pivot 15

Liftie: Go on. Off you go.

Bill Talbot: Oh, thank you. Thank you very much.

Doug Briggs: That's easy.

Liftie: Stop. Who would ride the single chair must answer me these questions three, ere the other side he see.

Doug Briggs Ask me the questions, Liftie. I'm not afraid.

Liftie: What... is your name?

Doug Briggs MastersRacer.

Doug Briggs To ski the trail called Paradise.

Liftie: What... is the Boot sole length of a Hanson Citation in shell size 4?

[pause]

Doug Briggs: I don't know that.

[he is thrown over the edge into the volcano]

Doug Briggs: Auuuuuuuugh.

Liftie: Stop. What... is your name?

Drahtguy: Drahtguy of Pugski.

Drahtguy: To ski the trail called Paradise.

Liftie: What... is your favourite ski?

Drahtguy: Head Monster 88. No, Kastle...

[he is also thrown over the edge]

Drahtguy: auuuuuuuugh.

Liftie: Hee hee heh. Stop. What... is your name?

Philpug: It is 'Philpug', binding master of Pugski

Philpug:: To ski the trail called Paradise.

Liftie: What... is the the mounting distance of a turn table binding?

Philpug: What do you mean? A Marker Rotomat or Look Pivot?

Liftie: Huh? I... I don't know that.

[he is thrown over]

Liftie: Auuuuuuuugh.

Bill Talbot: How do know so much about bindings?

Philpug: Well, you have to know these things when you're a binding geek, you know.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Old thread, but fun. My two cents:

City Slickers: I'd like to wear that balaclava like a hat!

Stripes: Going skiing in the Alps isn't a big deal. Kind of like going to Wisconsin.

Young Frankenstein: Nice Moguls. Why thank you!

Interns: Yeah, I'm out on the line all the time. Pugski is the place!

Used Cars: No red skis!

Caddyshack: Right in the snowboard corral, Danny!

Caddyshack again (of course): I want new skis. I want new boots. I want to go to Aspen. You'll have a lesson, and you'll like it!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Copied here.

From Tootsie
Julie: I miss rocker.
Michael: You don't have to. It's right here. And it misses you. Look, you don't know me from @Ron, but I was a better man with you as a woman than I ever was with a woman as a man. Know what I mean ? I've just got to learn to do it without the dress. I mean, at this point in our relationship there might be an advantage to my wearing pants. The hard part's over, you know. We were already good friends.
Julie: Will you loan me that little yellow ski ?
Michael: Which one ?
Julie: The Laser AX.

Sponsor

Staff online