• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

mostly wine stuff

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
An old friend met again. Leaner and more focused than i remembered, in this vintage. Extremely pure fruit. Raspberry juice with stone dust. A lot there but maybe needs a couple years. Cut the richness of the braised short ribs well. More intellectual than hedonist.

20170610_182433-01.jpeg

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
There's somebody in your wine, mdf.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I tried some of this over the weekend and it was very pleasant, but I did not know much about it. Does any one of our resident wine geeks know anything?

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
This Bordeaux Superieur got much nicer since I tried it in 2015. Not an expensive one, but it reached a Mendieta 90 by now :) Dry, still lots of tannin. It stayed in the fridge with a vacuvin for almost a week and it's still singing. The blend (looked it up)

50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 45% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc

It shows. :) I think it will evolve for at least 5 years at this pace ,,,

image-20170613_180350.jpg

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
What Macon once was, and still can be, apparently. :golfclap:

20170616_200311-01.jpeg

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
There is a reason for the received wisdom. Although the radical idea 1 or 2% Petit Verdot often pays off.

Couple years ago tasting wines with my buddy. We try this Red Zin, expecting "meh", and we both open our eyes and look at each other with a WTF expression in our faces. It had 3% petit verdot, we heard a couple minutes later :)

Last edited:

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
A Father's day indulgence. ... Spanish grenache and good cheese. I'm going out on a limb here and saying Cowgirl Creamery Red Hawk is the world's best soft cheese. The others are an English Cheddar and a Stilton whose provenance I'm not sure about. All excellent.
20170618_120245.jpg

20170618_121610.jpg

The wine is Atteca 2014. It was everywhere here a few years ago, but I don't see it much anymore. Probably the salesman who was pushing it moved on.

Sponsor

Staff online