• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mikaela Shiffrin

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, I was standing about 12 gates up from the finish on the second run with one of the Italian coaches. When Holdener went past we both looked at each other and shook our heads. It was clear that she was losing time and not going to make it. She was getting knocked about at every gate at that stage - like when you boot-top it tends to knock you off slightly and upsets the pressure and rhythm - then she threw everything she had at it and just went into the flush too straight trying to make up time. Unfortunate really as it would have been cleaner if she had actually finished behind MS. But MS was not skiing as clean as usual, she was a bit rough up top, a few bobbles in the middle but she killed the last third. Definitely skiing of points to seal up the overall

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
In case anybody needed a reminder of how much of a beast this girl is...
Iv6or5j9mVb61pPoV9kX-78EhO2pSOpXeHdT1g0sXEpkjea0OVsOAjO3gmmZ0nPEwc8-j-l52Bbz7Lw=w1920-h898-rw

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
All this stuff sort of alluding to her mental health... Aspen, a second in SL AFTER mathematically clinching and a 6th in GS... Equal to her WORST GS result for the season, and two top 20 DH finishes... Is she 'different'? Sure. Is she Bode or Lindsey temperment wise? No. Do we know her at all or well enough to make any real appraisal of her mental state? No. It's tough at the top for everyone. She'll either stay there for awhile, or she won't, but either way, it's been a great time for ski racing fans! ogsmile

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
And should she required the services of a licensed mental health counselor who loves skiing, to help her work on the careers/life balance, well let's just say I'm available. Or I can make myself available. I'm just saying...

Mikaela? You listening?

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
And should she required the services of a licensed mental health counselor who loves skiing, to help her work on the careers/life balance, well let's just say I'm available. Or I can make myself available. I'm just saying...

Mikaela? You listening?

I'm thinking you might trade services... She can help with your exam prep. ogsmile

James

Out There
Instructor
I'm thinking her mom will have non of it. Come to ABasin in May and you might see her. She and her mom were there last year. I just missed skiing on the trail at the same time. Aka stalking.

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
I'm thinking she really wants to help David pass his exam, mom be damned. :roflmao:

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
So no one is going to learn a whole lot new from her AMA but she obviously shows she's an all round pro with a nice plug of a sponsor, a bit of a soft focus pic and general niceness

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Mikaela? You listening?

Of course she could also just do it the normal way and get shitfaced a few times..:roflmao:

Frankly

Upwind of NY
Pass Pulled
So no one is going to learn a whole lot new from her AMA but she obviously shows she's an all round pro with a nice plug of a sponsor, a bit of a soft focus pic and general niceness

Haha that went well, how many questions did she last? 8 or 10?

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Some of the AMA questions just crack me up, like MS would EVER answer them!

Other than "Do you have a boyfriend?", the two that jumped out at me were:

-What happened with Dykster?
-What about HH's comments about your boots on his blog? {would have been perfect if she asked who HH is.....}

Cute otherwise. She does a nice job.

She's on Late Night with Seth Myers tonight, BTW. Mom, I presume, will be backstage. Bet on MS killing it!

Sponsor