• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid Atlantic Gathering Timberline WV Feb 24-27

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Cross post from the other place by the de facto gathermiester for this..
Originally Posted by kitchener

**** Important Info for Gathering Attendees ****

Timberline is excited about our selecting them this year, and is going to provide EpicSki members with discount lift tickets for our weekend. They asked me to simply provide a count. Of course, we don't have to worry about putting that count together until we get close to the date but I wanted to let everyone know we should see a fairly decent, exclusive lift ticket discount when the time comes, based on the conversation I had with the Timberline Director of Sales and Marketing there. Happy to get any useful suggestions on how to best put that count together, but I assume a poll of some kind. Lurkers, feel free to de-cloak and PM me when you're sure you're coming.

As has already been touched on, the first house has been rented (just off the Winterset side), and the Epic members who will be there include myself, Marznc, dbostedo, crgildart, cantunamunch, ohioskier, WD65, ddanks, and levy1. Big shout out to Timberline Four Seasons Realty. Not only did they accept my offer (a significantly discounted stay, including a 4th free night), they exceeded our expectations when they also waived the security deposit. The other prominent agency out there told me they would provide no discounts or concessions during the winter season. We rented the property from Thursday evening through Monday morning at a very favorable rate, which allows those of us who can to arrive Thursday night to have all day Friday to ski, and while most of us will be leaving at some point Sunday, with Monday thrown in as well, we don't have to rush out by 10 am Sunday, etc.

I mention all this because if there's interest in a second property here, particularly as we get closer, I'm sure they'll extend the same courtesies, whether you want something similar in arrangement to the above, or a night less, etc (not having to rush out at 10 am on Sunday is nice -- we had the same arrangement last year at Blue Knob and JamesJ, WD65, and I had a pleasant Sunday lunch). I have some helpful notes on the 4 and 5 bedroom properties out there so reach out to me and I'll be glad to help you put it together.

Timberline is going to work with us to put a Demo Day together as well for the Saturday of our Mid-Atlantic Gathering.
There will be solid representation at this ski gathering from DCSki and EpicSki.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
As gathermeister Kitchener really brings something special to the table with his ability to negotiate fun and favorable terms for participants! I think I am going to have a conflict this year. Too bad because it's looking like a great event.

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
BUMP We are one week away from this. Mother nature is flirting with snow in Canan Valley Sunday night, possibly all day Saturday as well. There may be a bunk available for the entire event, there will probably be bunks available Sunday night as I am leaving Sunday mid day most likely. We will be flying a pirate flag outside our house located about 400 feet through the woods off Winterset green trail near the bottom. The resort is also offering our group discount lift tickets, something like half price for the four days Thursday through Sunday. Reach out to @kitchener if interested.

Old boot

Getting on the lift
Skier
I forgot to get some when I was at your house. Also if you bring a vest to Canada can I pay in Canadian dollars???

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
It’s still on rain or shine.. although rain will probably have some spending more time inside playing foosball than outside skiing Saturday mid day.

We’re at 285 Winterset, about 500 feet back from the trail most of the way down near the bottom (I think). Feel free to drop by if you are there. We will put a flag, probably a jolly roger, out to mark the house for visitors.

http://www.t4sr.com/Unit/Details/87653

Free PugSki stickers to the first 25 people!

Old boot

Getting on the lift
Skier
I booked Friday and Sat night at Holiday Inn Elkin Hope I don't have to cancel tomorrow

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Ski down Winterset skiers far left. Stop right before the tunnel and look left. We are about 500 feet back, 2nd row of houses. Back hoe and red.dump truck you will see from the trail beyond first row of houses. Epicski banner in yard near front door.

Old boot

Getting on the lift
Skier
OK I will find you in the morning, I brought those boots for you also and maybe some JWB

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hope you guys are having fun

Old boot

Getting on the lift
Skier
Thanks again guys, I just really like this crew to spend time with. Ski people are great (I bailed on Sunday as I tweaked my back a little and want to be in great shape for next week)

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Quick search for "plug the pug" didn't pull that thread to the top search page. Please cross post .
WP_20170226_001.jpg

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Videos.. Skiing in the fog with Old Boot, Cantunamunch and A

NASTAR in the rain. note the starting gate interruption hahaha!

Skiing in the fog with Old Boot Cantunamunch and Andrea

Mud Run back to the house..

Night skiing with kitchener and WD

Last edited: