• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Madrussian Skis

TS
mishka

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
to start with dimensions of the skis has changed since then.

core will be black Locust/Poplar with black Locust sidewall. Black Locust tip/tale spacers. . started in 15/16 season and continue last year and will continue in the future Delta profiled into the core.

sandwich symmetrical layup with 3x fiberglass, carbon fiber reinforcement and additional under binding reinforcement.

This construction proven to be the best for skis go through and over just about anything without being deflected. Usually with this layout skis came out stiffer compared to mainstream skis of same size even stiffer than skis with metal however defined conventional wisdom of stiff skis

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
to start with dimensions of the skis has changed since then.

core will be black Locust/Poplar with black Locust sidewall. Black Locust tip/tale spacers. . started in 15/16 season and continue last year and will continue in the future Delta profiled into the core.

sandwich symmetrical layup with 3x fiberglass, carbon fiber reinforcement and additional under binding reinforcement.

This construction proven to be the best for skis go through and over just about anything without being deflected. Usually with this layout skis came out stiffer compared to mainstream skis of same size even stiffer than skis with metal however defined conventional wisdom of stiff skis
I seem to recall that @Philpug was getting a set of madrussians for his demo fleet? If so, I'll have to get on them next year.

TS
mishka

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
I seem to recall that @Philpug was getting a set of madrussians for his demo fleet? If so, I'll have to get on them next year.

there is no any demo fleet of mad Russian skis. At least yet. Phil had a couple of mine in November December but there was my personal skis... skis I built for myself
couple pairs will be at Kirkwood next season

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

No late season Mammoth visits for you then?

The layup described above corresponds closely to the current MR95, which would be my pick for that terrain and that snow quality.

In re: @mishka 's new model - well - he already knows I would have preferred the softer MR110 layup for something in that shape.

TS
mishka

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
it's been a while since last update. This summer I build a few pairs skis. Some with veneer for graphics. One new design MR102
1.jpg
4.jpg

TS
mishka

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
time to post update since one member of the board getting a pair

Return of MR95 with new graphics and new flex pattern. New design this year MR107 DSC02294.JPG

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
@mishka I feel like a dope because I was reading the name of your company as an Armenian surname rather than Mad Russian.

TS
mishka

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
time for new update.

Pictures attached by timeline.... from wood boards to core to base then to layup followed clean up and finally initial base grind

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 47
  • 1-2.jpg
    1-2.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 1-3.jpg
    1-3.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 4-2.jpg
    4-2.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 48
TS
mishka

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
You've been at this for about 10 years now. What are the biggest lessons you've learned?

Yep not about but 10 years. Actually over 10 years now.

You're asking very broad question.... I would say it's a series of small lessons… Lessons/mistakes/way to find the solution type ... to learn how to build and design skis
but if you want a one-liner… Biggest lesson haha it never easy as it seems

TS
mishka

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
You've been at this for about 10 years now. What are the biggest lessons you've learned?

I couldn't stop thinking about this question. And to me way this question is worded its imply lesson from mistake or lesson and from something was done wrongly.
and my reply in form of joke suffice.
however if look at bigger picture. There is no lessons no regrets and only positive experience and the results above any imaginable expectations.
It is true first couple years was difficult while I was developing my own process of making skis. After that only benefits …don't think I need to describe them. Many people, myself included, found their dream ski in Mad Russian skis.

So here is a more appropriate answer. No lessons and no regrets

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Ahhh, so there were many lessons! :snowball: Just teasing, @mishka!

To me, lessons come from many sources -- from mistakes, yes, but mainly from things we didn't know beforehand and from the journey itself. And sometimes for me, the lesson has been about me and not about the product or task I worked on.

So no, I was not implying mistakes or regrets ... just the learnings that go along with new ventures. Congratulations on all your successes during this journey!

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January