• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Madrussian Skis

TS
mishka

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
Just found this thread.

I've met and ski'd with Mike (mishka)

Great skier and a great guy. Knows what he is talking about.

Carry on!

When is the SL race ski in production Mike?

:)

thank you

good to "see" you

Sl race skis ...in production.aaaammmmmm when you decide to get a pair build. ;)
Jokes aside I think I got the pair you might like to try instead of SL

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier
thank you

good to "see" you

Sl race skis ...in production.aaaammmmmm when you decide to get a pair build. ;)
Jokes aside I think I got the pair you might like to try instead of SL

I'm a race SL ski groomer zoomer only now (or groomer cruiser ha ha ) Mike but I'll always try out a free ride!!

:golfclap:

Retired and got a season pass this year so planning on a lot of easy Wa cruizin!

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
These skis are sitting in my bedroom staring me down. I'm gonna have to wait eight more days to get them out. Also my 110s have been restored after 100 days of abuse, we got down to the binding mount issue that I've had and I'm looking forward to getting these back out as well in softer snow. Not a whole lot of manufacturers out there making things right quite like that if any.

TS
mishka

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
restoring skis back to looks like new definitely not good for business lol

I think it would be appropriate to show what's possible

B-2.jpg
DSC01497.JPG

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Do you buff them? How do you get them back to "like new" condition?

TS
mishka

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
no buffing. new top.

Ability to bring back new look to skis I build was my goal from the start. Finally with Brian like pow skis I had chance to do process of restoration

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
From what I understand, each build is individual, not typical? So that we shouldn't expect one 95 to act like another anymore than we would expect one three-bedroom house to feel like another, given no further information?

TS
mishka

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
From what I understand, each build is individual, not typical? So that we shouldn't expect one 95 to act like another anymore than we would expect one three-bedroom house to feel like another, given no further information?

yes and no. This year 95s I build they almost same. If anything last one Dadskier asking slightly softer than other two. I build them the same because two people I built them for had similar requirements

However you correct I can and I did build identical design/ski shape with huge difference in performance all depends need of the person I am building for

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
Out of curiosity, what is your baseline ski, i.e. Old Reliable?

My last pair Mishka made as well....mr 110. Before that Fatypus dsender and before that a couple pairs of 4frnt msp. Most of my skiing has been in Tahoe and Colorado in the past decade so these are a bit skinnier that the past couple pairs and maybe stiffer as well.

Edit-anyone on here is welcome to try either my 95 or 110 at any point this winter providing they meet me at any peaks resort on a day I'm there

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
OK staying true to my word and posting up my first initial impressions of my new model. This is copy/paste from an earlier text:

My initial impression is these skis are a good design for me skiing the east coast. Keep in mind the soft snow this weekend refroze and alot of people only skied a few runs. I skied nearly 20. They handle choppy golf ball ice good considering they are mid fat. They ski a bit like a race ski so they like to go fast but short radius turns were good too. I never got the chance to really open it up but im guessing that's where they will shine. You also absolutely be in the drivers seat and not ski them passively....cannot get in the backseat which is ok with me. They threw me around a bit on my last couple runs but that's mostly because I was tired and the snow was deteriorated quite a bit. Im not sure how they will ski bumps. ...I suspect alot of work but doable. ...the 110 would probably be my goto ski for soft bumps. Ill know more as the season progresses but for now I am very happy and know these are going to be a great ski. Probably won't get out again for a couple weeks as work is getting busy with holiday parties and finals are coming up

As I get more days in different sort of conditions I'll update

TS
mishka

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
Want to share new design I'm thinking to build for next season. This is work in progress so dimensions is not final yet but getting there. 133-107-125 in 181
1.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online