• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

looking for tech spec on Dalbello DRS/DMS 130

wyomingpow

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
So im looking for tech specs for the dalbello DRS 130 forward lean and ramp angle on the boots. I cant seem to find the specs listed on the interwebs.
Thanks for any info that can be provided

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have a call out.

BGreen

Out on the slopes
Skier
Official or actual? Pretty sure they aren't the same. I don't know forward lean off the top of my head (I can measure later), ramp is about 4 degrees I think.

TS
wyomingpow

wyomingpow

Skier
a number will give me an idea . In comparison to the Rossignol Experience 130(same as the Lange RX 130 LV) which is my current boot (12 degrees forward lean and 4 ramp angle). I like how the the boot skis , but i feel like the heel hold and stiffness of the boot is lacking.

Ptrqc

Booting up
Skier
I like how the the boot skis , but i feel like the heel hold and stiffness of the boot is lacking.

Coincidence: was just going to post on this forum to ask for some feedback on the Dalbello DMS 110's (limited reviews on the net).

Can you elaborate a bit on overall fit of the boot (sizing, width, instep, heel hold, calve volume) ?

Cheers

BGreen

Out on the slopes
Skier
@wyomingpow Heel hold isn't very good, at least for me, but this is the first pair of non-plug boots I've had in more than 20 years, so maybe not a fair comparison. That said, the boot is a good candidate for a custom liner. If you want something stiffer and with better heel hold than the RX130, maybe consider a plug boot. The Dalbello 130 is not a stiff boot. It's a bit softer than the SS even though the SS is officially about a 115 flex (S is 140 flex). I'm not sure how to measure shaft angle (it's curved), but best guess is 13 degrees. I'm too tired and lazy to measure ramp right now, but I can tell you my Nordicas are 5 degrees and I needed to add about a 1.5 mm heel lift to get the Dalbellos to match them.

@Ptrqc the things you ask for are probably best answered by a boot fitter. The DRS 130 is a 98 mm last. It is voluminous around the midfoot, instep and ankle. However they are a little tight on top of the toes. Calf volume is high. Honestly, aside from toe hight the boot is big everywhere. I don't know what the DMS 110 is, but hopefully this helps. As I understand it, all the plugs (letter flex) share a last and all the rec boots (number flex) share a last.

@wyomingpow I just happened to see your intro thread and I see you're a ski instructor. I'm a coach, which I realize is quite a bit different, but for me I need a boot that skis well but that I can also stand around in. I think coaches spend a lot more time standing around than instructors, who are usually skiing. The DRS130 is a nice general purpose boot for me. I can tell you that most coaches I know are in the RX130 because it does so many things well, and a few are in the Technica. I have tried on a Lange RS130, though never skied in one, and my feeling is it is a more shapely boot.

Last edited:
TS
wyomingpow

wyomingpow

Skier
@BGreen Thanks for the info that helps a lot in getting me closer to a decision towards my next boot , just a matter of trying it on when the new stock at my local ski shop arrive. Just a quick question what are the ss and s series of boots - besides being plug (93mm last) ?

BGreen

Out on the slopes
Skier
@BGreen Thanks for the info that helps a lot in getting me closer to a decision towards my next boot , just a matter of trying it on when the new stock at my local ski shop arrive. Just a quick question what are the ss and s series of boots - besides being plug (93mm last) ?

Just the Dalbello race/plug boots, nothing more or less. The S is roughly equivalent to a ZB, the SS is probably a bit stiffer than a ZA and the XS a little softer than a ZA, as a best guess. However, unless you have very narrow feet, most people find that having a plug boot on all day is a big ask. Even with the DRS130 having them on all day is a bit much, especially if it is cold. I notice the coaches with the RX130s not only keep them on all day, but often are still wearing them when they head to the bar.

It just comes down to what you need and expect a boot to do. For me, the performance/comfort balance of the boot works. FWIW, I'm looking at getting a Head B3 or B2 for next year for racing, training or when performance outweighs all day comfort. I recently bought a moldable foam liner (similar to Intuition) for the Dalbellos. We'll see how that changes my impression of them.

I'm not sure if you've considered Heads, but the RS130 seems to be well liked. It has a pretty low instep compared with the Dalbello.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Official or actual? Pretty sure they aren't the same. I don't know forward lean off the top of my head (I can measure later), ramp is about 4 degrees I think.
And the forward lean about 12*. Still comes down to your foot and the magic your fitter can create. Try some boots on, have an open mind and explore some options.

Ptrqc

Booting up
Skier
@Ptrqc the things you ask for are probably best answered by a boot fitter. The DRS 130 is a 98 mm last. It is voluminous around the midfoot, instep and ankle. However they are a little tight on top of the toes. Calf volume is high. Honestly, aside from toe hight the boot is big everywhere. I don't know what the DMS 110 is, but hopefully this helps. As I understand it, all the plugs (letter flex) share a last and all the rec boots (number flex) share a last..

Thanks, this is helpful. Just because you asked, link to the DMS 110 http://www.dalbello.it/en/boots/racing/dms-110

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm still not quite sure what it is, maybe @Philpug can help. It looks like the DRS 110 with replaceable toe and heel.
Correct. A strong consideration when you walk a lot and/or you have alignment issues, Cantology produces shims that are designed specifially for these boots.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid