• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Line Pescado: Your thoughts on this . . . bizarre ski?

TS
skibob

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
I am not really shopping. But I came across this today and was intrigued enough to read a little about this weird ski:

File_00021.jpeg

It only comes in 180cm. Supposedly, due to its unique design, that's good for everybody. Some reviews seem to confirm it. Anybody ever been on these?

More tidbits: Camber and 19m turn radius.

158-124-147

http://lineskis.com/skis/pescado
To Expand a little. THere is a lot more going on here than the fishtail. This is a WIIIIIIIIDE ski (124mm) meant to be used in deep and soft conditions. A powder ski first. Although reviewers (blister) like it a lot as a spring/slush ski. Its a powder ski. That is short. Has a traditional (rearward) mounting point. Camber. And is turny. Its meant to carve powder rather than surf. Not really making the case for it. BUt I'd love to get on it some day in soft conditions.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Those share a lot of characteristics with the Elan M1111s I have.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Camber certainly changes its powder playfulness, but enhances its ability to ski more traditionally. I liked my M1111s but have since used Bent Chetllers as well as DPS Lotus 138s. For truly deep and soft, they are awesome. The M1111s were really floaty but overreacted on occasion due to the camber and initially due to the really far back mount position. Mounted traditionally (4 inches forward from recommended. INCHES) they became more balanced and playful.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Rocker isn't and has never been the only game in town for powder - the Shaman was a very good soft snow ski that you could slide sideways with a very piste carver camber and sidecut. Just had a very freaky nose to get planeing. This is the same idea but sink the tail. Not much point though if every pair ends up being warrantied as the tails snap off.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Rocker isn't and has never been the only game in town for powder - the Shaman was a very good soft snow ski that you could slide sideways with a very piste carver camber and sidecut. Just had a very freaky nose to get planeing. This is the same idea but sink the tail. Not much point though if every pair ends up being warrantied as the tails snap off.

Was? One of my friends has a stash of backup Shamans because he likes them so much.

BoofHead

Getting on the lift
Skier
I saw a few of these in Hokkaido this year. They caught my eye because they looked so cool. I assumed they were locally made craft skis as there are a few small Japanese ski builders around and swallowtail snowboards are common in Hokkaido.
The tails of my Elan Boomerangs have been smashed around; I pushed some epoxy in to the damage and bashed them back in to shape on an anvil, was thinking of cutting out the damage and making my own swallow tail skis. One day maybe.

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
Camber on a 125mm wide ski

19m radius on 125mm wide ski

One length and its 180cm

Mount point is like an SL ski

Oh, and, uh, those tails!

Don't get me wrong, the reviews are pretty positive . . . Being "bizarre" isn't always bad. That's what my mother always told me . . .
nothing wrong with any of this

1) 19m just fine. One of my designs MR110 have about same radius. Work absolutely great in any conditions. When I will be building wider skis they will be within MR110 design parameter.
2) one length lol this is not common in mass-market. However I can understand one length approach because mad Russian skis build the same way every design available only in one length so far didn't find need to do otherwise
3) most MRskis also have forwarded mount point compared to similar wide rockered skis. Nothing bizarre here just what works
4)those kind of tales have there purpose and often used on pow skis,,, maybe not in mass market production

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Missed this one. Have a friend who's been working on this one. Didn't mention it as it was sort of 'under wraps'... I'll ask him more next time I see him.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
I had bid on a pair up for sale on ebay a few seasons back, but did not win.

Sponsor

Staff online