• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Life Is Too Short For Black Pants

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Speaking of pants.... I will selling a bunch of pants and some shells very soon..... arc Teryx and flylow

In the meantime, I am ISO a lime green shell. If anyone knows of any brands selling one, let me know.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Speaking of pants.... I will selling a bunch of pants and some shells very soon..... arc Teryx and flylow

In the meantime, I am ISO a lime green shell. If anyone knows of any brands selling one, let me know.
:popcorn:
@dean_spirito was saying that he needs a new pair of ski pants. Have anything with a cargo pocket?

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Chartreuse ... Haglofs did one about four years ago. At the time I saw it on STP and Backcountry dot com., was a high end Gore-tex shell with a vented mask built into the collar.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Did some one said lime green shell?

Haglof Lime Green Suit.jpg

dlague

Waitin' for Wintah
Skier

I find it hard to pay over $150. For most of my life I have been able to find jackets for less than $100 even that suited be just fine. Same applies to ski pants. For example, I was at an outlet mall in Castle Rock, went to at Columbia outlet store and found a Columbia jacket that originally was priced at $198 that was marked down to $137 and with the current sale was marked down another 40% at the register. I almost pulled the trigger. Problem was one was gold yellow but my son's jacket is that color, one had Broncos colors and the last one was light blue with dark blue. So I passed on that deal. My current jacket that I have cost me $65 at a tent sale and my ski pants were $60 from Sun and Ski. I have skied in -20 degree temps not including wind at Cannon - known for wind.

Most important in my book - protect head, face, hands and feet from the cold and the rest can be layered.

James

Out There
Instructor
This from someone that skis in Arizona regularly? How cold is the spring skiing there? ogwink
Black pants in May at ABasin in the sun. Not so good unless they have lots of vents.

They call this Birch Green. I've seen greener from Norrona though.
BIRGN.jpg

https://www.backcountry.com/norrna-...-jacket-mens?skid=NRA007Z-BIRGN-S&ti=Ojo6NDo=

They call this Kiwi. From Montane:
KIW.jpg

https://www.backcountry.com/montane...UZWNobmljYWwgU2hlbGxzOjE6MzE6YmNzQ2F0MTExMTA3

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
@Mrs. 53 has declared that my new pants are fugly and won't ski with me when I'm wearing them. Says they will look terrible with anything but a black jacket. Hmmmmmm

My guy is threatening to not ski with me either when I wear my very bright orange pants with purple accents. He will but he likes to threaten he won't :).

Eddie

Booting up
Skier
Great thread. Love those Lime Green jackets. I have a Bright Lime Spyder jacket. Not that I give a crap what people think, but since I am color blind(jacket actually looks yellow to me), would forge gray pants(Patagonia) match this jacket, and a yellow shell too? I do assume blue pants will go with the two colors?

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Great thread. Love those Lime Green jackets. I have a Bright Lime Spyder jacket. Not that I give a crap what people think, but since I am color blind(jacket actually looks yellow to me), would forge gray pants(Patagonia) match this jacket, and a yellow shell too? I do assume blue pants will go with the two colors?

Yes, it will match gray, dark green, brown blue , and most importantly BLACK.

Last edited:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

I am a bit confuse about this lime green color. Is that the green on the outside or the inside of the lime.

Lime_001.jpg

I don't know about you but I only do the colors of the rainbow plus black and white. Sometimes I will go out on the limb with a dark or light shade of the colors.
We men have to take a stand against this thing with mixing fruits and colors. We will end up in fruit salad heaven If things keep trending in this way.

Ski Pants - Multi Colored.jpg

No good can possible come of this. What next? Gluten free vegan ski pant?

Back to the question of what goes with light green jackets. As @Ron said, the dreaded black is always good

XLR_ AE_LumPriv_APR3_ROP-22_v01.jpg

For low visibility conditions, pairing the light green with orange for a outstanding classic skittle combo.

Cesspool_XLR.jpg

That orange is a nuclear orange not a orange orange. No fruits please.

Sponsor

Staff online