• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Life Is Too Short For Black Pants

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Thank you @Viking9 for the idea....Show off your colorful pants in this thread. Any other color pants BUT black. Most uhhh expressive could win a prize;) #notfortheboring
What, you want me to give up on my black ski pants? ...not untill Arc'teryx or another well tailored for fit outfiter makes me pants with this print -
$-1.jpg

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Good luck if you're wanting me to wear blue, orange, green, red, purple, yellow, or patterned pants. Never happen.

Since time began I've only worn black, gray or brown pants. And I marvel about my racy self when I wear the brown ones. Also I'm not adverse to wearing a black jacket with my black pants. But I'll still ski with you guys if you'll let me...just a little ahead or behind.

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
@cbk where did you get that jacket in the last pic? That is f'ing a awesome!!!
As with seemingly many things in my life, there's a good story behind the jacket. About 10 or so years ago I was on a mid-week ski club trip to Mammoth in January. One evening some of my buddies and I went to Wave Rave (snowboard shop) just to look around, laughing at the crazy Volcom jackets they had. The following month, on another club trip back to Mammoth, I blew out the zipper on my dull, boring, black/blue Marker jacket. Since Wave Rave was having a 40% off sale, I headed in there to see what I could find. They had a really cool Volcom jacket that looked like a circuit board (I do the computer thing for a living), but that had a fixed hood and I really wanted something with a removable hood; it turned out the tie-dye jacket I was laughing at the previous month had a removable hood, and was also 40% off. Sold! It's called Peace Off, and was a limited edition of 200. This jacket earned me the nickname Tie Die Guy from a friend (sadly she passed away a couple of years ago), and is quite possibly what got me the opportunity to ski with a Paralympic racer for an afternoon last season at Park City (but that's another story...) I've only ever seen the jacket once on another person, that was several years ago at Park City. Riding up a chairlift, I see somebody at the top of the lift with the same jacket! I also saw the guy the next day, he told me that his wife was chasing me down the hill thinking it was him, until she realized the person she couldn't catch was on skis and her husband was on a snowboard...
Good stuff!:roflmao:
Two_TieDyeGuys.jpg

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My response is I'm too busy skiing to be washing ski pants every week. Ask @Fuller 's wife. She owns a pair, and a jacket that got dripped on while she was here. Never saw her put those white pants on...

Mine just stay dirty.
This ^^^.
Other than white, I dot' feel like I wash my colored ski pants any more often than I'd wash black pants.

Good luck if you're wanting me to wear blue, orange, green, red, purple, yellow, or patterned pants. Never happen.

Since time began I've only worn black, gray or brown pants. And I marvel about my racy self when I wear the brown ones. Also I'm not adverse to wearing a black jacket with my black pants. But I'll still ski with you guys if you'll let me...just a little ahead or behind.
I was thinking a nice chartreuse :duck:

Ya know, I haven't gotten a new jacket for a few years now...
It could be time for an update.

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I want this for our ski school jackets!

ski_outfit-jpg.26968

I'd even wear the mandatory black ski pants with it.

Not a chance in hell but man would it be great.

Sponsor

Staff online